Jellybean 4.2.2 to kitkat 4.4.2 Samsung galaxy note 8.0 gt-n5100 Wi-Fi

RayneJayde

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know when we are supposed to get the upgrade from jellybean 4.2.2 to kitkat 4.4.2?
I have read about the CM11 thing but I know just enough to get my tablet in trouble.
So if anyone has some advice on how to get it done and help talk/walk me through it, it would be greatly appreciated.
Or if anyone happens to have an idea of when the ota push will be that information would also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help and/or advice.
~~~Jayde:eek:

exscentric

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Couple days ago I checked on the tablet, for an update, and got a message that I had to update so that I could update. I don't know if that is indication they are getting ready or if they were just updating the update portion of the system.

I'd think it should be coming fairly soon but have not read/heard anything on the subject.

Gilderoy Lockart

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
A few days ago, I just receive an update for my GN-5100, since I was still on stock 4.1.2 I was awaiting for the big jump to 4.4.2. But, I just got 4.2.2. That is all for Note 8?

macbook5

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the wifi only version of Note 8. GT-N5110. Still on Android 4.1.2. I really want to get up to 4.2 so I can move apps to my ext SD card. Anyone know if this is supposed to happen for the wifi model of the device? Oh and another thing that may affect it is I am in Canada. Any ideas?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^ You stated your device is still on 4.1.2. The current version for the wifi only Note 8.0 is 4.2.2. You can move certain applications to the external SD card using AppMgr III. Have you manually checked for a software update recently ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

CMZ_DL

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the wifi only version of Note 8. GT-N5110. Still on Android 4.1.2. I really want to get up to 4.2 so I can move apps to my ext SD card. Anyone know if this is supposed to happen for the wifi model of the device? Oh and another thing that may affect it is I am in Canada. Any ideas?

I read somewhere on XDA forum and the forum here on AC that Canadian Note 8.0 models don't have 4.2 available to them. No idea why. I Bet if you stepped over to the US for a road trip you'd be available to upgrade through American servers. I Couldn't wait so I flashed and rooted 4.2 Just to have ability to move apps to ext SD Card it was well worth it!!!

With stock 4.2 you Can either go through settings >application manager select app and you will see move to SD. (See attached image)
You can also use App Mgr Ill it does the same as application mgr essentially but useful in that it tells you which apps should not be moved to SD and why.

Enjoy

Posted via Android Central App

RayneJayde

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Update for those who have been waiting for the 4.4.2 kit kat update OTA... I received it this morning... Wha-hoo. Thanks for all the answers and help. This was for my Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 GT-N5110.

Jc Daniel

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know when we are supposed to get the upgrade from jellybean 4.2.2 to kitkat 4.4.2?
I have read about the CM11 thing but I know just enough to get my tablet in trouble.
So if anyone has some advice on how to get it done and help talk/walk me through it, it would be greatly appreciated.
Or if anyone happens to have an idea of when the ota push will be that information would also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help and/or advice.
~~~Jayde:eek:

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
So... for all of you that updated to 4.4.2... did you wave good-bye to your SDcard? The KitKat crippleware makes it pretty much useless unless you root the thing.

odatkid

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
So... for all of you that updated to 4.4.2... did you wave good-bye to your SDcard? The KitKat crippleware makes it pretty much useless unless you root the thing.

Hi CK,
I noticed you posted this in a couple of different places. I was wondering if I can upgrade my Note 8.0 [GT-N5110] to Kit-Kat although it's rooted. It's presently 4.1.2. What are there precautions I should take and is it possible to upgrade a rooted device?
Any thoughts are appreciated,

Thanks...Tom

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi CK,
I noticed you posted this in a couple of different places. I was wondering if I can upgrade my Note 8.0 [GT-N5110] to Kit-Kat although it's rooted. It's presently 4.1.2. What are there precautions I should take and is it possible to upgrade a rooted device?
Any thoughts are appreciated,

Thanks...Tom

Hi Tom,
I wish I had those answers for you. I haven't rooted my Note 8 because it does what I want it to. I can't root my S5 because AT&T locked the bootloader out before it was even in my hands.

I've read that people CAN do updates to rooted devices, but if I were you, and knowing what KitKat's going to do to that machine, and that AT&T will lock out the bootloader, I'd be VERY careful about doing that, and make absolutely sure that you've backed up the original rom so you can revert if you have to.

Really sorry I can't be of more help.

odatkid

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi Tom,
I wish I had those answers for you. I haven't rooted my Note 8 because it does what I want it to. I can't root my S5 because AT&T locked the bootloader out before it was even in my hands.

I've read that people CAN do updates to rooted devices, but if I were you, and knowing what KitKat's going to do to that machine, and that AT&T will lock out the bootloader, I'd be VERY careful about doing that, and make absolutely sure that you've backed up the original rom so you can revert if you have to.

Really sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi CK,
Thank you very much for the reply. My note is WiFi only so I don't have to worry about ATT, just thought I might get something from the upgrade.
Rooted it with Samsung Note 8.0 ToolKit (Used Odin, I think) I'm a novice and am really glad I got this far. My Note works perfectly; just thought I would get a boost with KitKat.
Again..... Thank you for the reply......Tom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui