Jimmy Kimmel iPhone 5 prank

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
This video just about sums it up with most iPhone users. It doesn't matter what Apple puts out there, its customer base will buy it. Removing Google Maps and replacing it with their own terrible product is one example. The iPhone 5 will still set sales records and the buyers will make excuses (if they notice). It really is pointless to argue the fact that nothing on this phone is trendsetting or actually merits the "The iPhone 5 is the new gold standard of mobile phones" mentality. It's just a brand. I personally do not understand why they bothered to upgrade the screen. It would still have sold as many, and they wouldn't have broken a lot of their apps.

Apple iPhone 5 "First Look" Prank - Jimmy Kimmel - Keynote Presentation Unveils iPhone 5 Specs - YouTube

PS I am not lumping in all iPhone 5 users. I know one person who was in on the iOS 6 Beta and was not very impressed. He is a technical person (Engineer) and has a iPhone 4S. He just uses it because Apple has their ecosystem setup where it makes it easy for him to use. He is beginning to move away from that point of view, however.

I have to throw this in also:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2012/09/21/National-Economy/Images/1098361.jpg

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That was a brilliant bit, especially the people with their own iFone Foress in one hand and the supposed "iPhone 5" in the other and they're proclaiming it so much better. Apple must be watching this and thinking, "We could've saved millions in engineering and development and simply changed the box art. D'oh!!!!"

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That was a brilliant bit, especially the people with their own iFone Foress in one hand and the supposed "iPhone 5" in the other and they're proclaiming it so much better. Apple must be watching this and thinking, "We could've saved millions in engineering and development and simply changed the box art. D'oh!!!!"

Lmaoo. I love it. Truly defines the iSheep out there

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea, this video had me rolling last week. One of the guys is actually holding own 4s and didn't know.. WOW!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I saw this a few weeks back and it was funny. The phone hadn't even been released yet! Funny yes and it does show the common user's true color...THEY don't even know the difference between the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s!

Fact...

aspurrell

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So funny, as soon as people are told 'new Apple' they immediately assume it's going to be better lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well now we know what kinda people apple mainly targets. Not saying this about all iphone users. Just the one willing to stand in line on launch day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ha ha ha ha ha .....OMFG.....I got nothin man. All I can do is LMFAO.....TOO F'N MUCH.
I'm gonna spend the rest of my day surfing U Tube for this stuff

Angelsnecropolis

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw the jimmy kimmel video and was amused. But.... I'm a rational person and I know that they can also cherry pick which people they choose to show and make fun of. There could have been just as many or more people that recognized its a 4S but they cut them out because it's not funny.

There certainly are a lot of sheeple out there but there are reasonable ones as well. I knew someone that said the iPhone 5 was better than the GS3 but she knew nothing about the GS3. Her only reasoning was "its apple" and "my ipod has worked great!" Well anecdotal evidence isn't really useful in a debate and she was beyond help. She was a sheeple, and stupid, and and we don't talk anymore even tho she had nice t*ts. I love my GS3 but I don't like fueling a needless Apple vs Android/Samsung war.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord