Jumped ship -- Coming back?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Man I hope you're right! I turned mine off today, but would gladly switch back if the correct pricing is in place and no battery icon that's green. Love the N7!
I'm doubting that green icon thing. To use Google Play under license, the phone has to ship with all white icons in the status bar.

I know two different people with a replacement Note 7. One of them works here. The box has the stickers, but the icon is normal.

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I will probably come back to the note 7. I loved the phone and it was my first real jump away from apple. On the other hand I have a iPhone 7 plus coming tomorrow so we will see. Hopefully they offer some kind of incentive.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I need help. The note 7 that I have doesn't get a signal in places close to my home. All other family members phones get good signal while mine says no network connection. And in the last few days I haven't been getting my calls. I get some but at least 50% just go to vm and then I get vm notification. This is radio signal strength problems. Should I just get the replacement note 7 (I love it but need to be able to get all my calls and use the call AND data features when I'm out) or go ahead and get the iPhone 7 and try again with the next note. I jumped from an iPhone 6s+ to the note 7 because I want the freedom of android and have owned every other note and loved them (switched to apple for family and regretted it) but I'm scared this phone just isn't ready. I have an apple watch so it would be nice to have that too. I just don't know what to do. I'm really thinking stay with note 7 but not getting signal is worrying me.
Turn off advanced HD calling and see if that helps. I live just at the edge of the closest cell towers reach. With advanced calling on I get dropped calls and missed calls. Once I changed that setting, all calls are solid again.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Turn off advanced HD calling and see if that helps. I live just at the edge of the closest cell towers reach. With advanced calling on I get dropped calls and missed calls. Once I changed that setting, all calls are solid again.

Thanks. How do I do that? I searched through settings and couldn't find it.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what GS7e that you all that say is snappier have. I have had the GS7e since it came out and I'm using it again since I turned my Note 7 off - and there is no way the Note 7 is "laggier" than the GS7e. For starters, if you come close to maxing out the available storage - you will be laggard hell. At least the Note 7 pushes it to 64GB storage. In any case, while the GS7e is good, my GS7e sure doesn't sound like the GS7e that some of you are talking about.

I also totally understand people who leave the Note 7 for another Android phone, but for people who moved to a completely different OS - it makes me wonder a bit. This is a Samsung Note 7 issue, not an Android issue - and to completely move ecosystems because of a defect in a model of a phone? One of the reasons why I love the Note 7 or any other Android phone is because of Android. I have a second line which is an iPhone 6 (and admittedly will be a 7 plus in the future), but in no way can I possibly have iOS as my primary phone. If I gave up on the Note 7, it would have been for another Android phone. I just don't understand how a defect model would scare people away from the Android ecosystem.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what GS7e that you all that say is snappier have. I have had the GS7e since it came out and I'm using it again since I turned my Note 7 off - and there is no way the Note 7 is "laggier" than the GS7e. For starters, if you come close to maxing out the available storage - you will be laggard hell. At least the Note 7 pushes it to 64GB storage. In any case, while the GS7e is good, my GS7e sure doesn't sound like the GS7e that some of you are talking about.

Well, your particular Note 7 may have been okay, but if you peruse these forums, many users have experienced lag and stutter. Good individual Note 7 units run very well, but there is no consistency over the Note 7 line as a whole. If you get one, you don't know if you are getting a good one or not.

This is why some are suggesting the S7 as it doesn't seem to differ the inconsistencies the Note 7 does.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, your particular Note 7 may have been okay, but if you peruse these forums, many users have experienced lag and stutter. Good individual Note 7 units run very well, but there is no consistency over the Note 7 line as a whole. If you get one, you don't know if you are getting a good one or not.

This is why some are suggesting the S7 as it doesn't seem to differ the inconsistencies the Note 7 does.

Fair enough.. My GS7e isn't laggy nor was my Note 7 and I guess I more or less attributed it to the software that people installed that may have made it laggy (which has happened to me). Since I install so many apps, I use almost all my storage on my GS7e and now it's understandably become laggy. I'm my own worse enemy, but I guess that is why the Note 7 with it's larger storage was a God send to me.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I will probably come back to the note 7. I loved the phone and it was my first real jump away from apple. On the other hand I have a iPhone 7 plus coming tomorrow so we will see. Hopefully they offer some kind of incentive.

I ordered their phone 7 plus a few days ago, should be there early October. Note 7 is a great device but battery life is not so good and most of the power user features like the S Pen I really don't use

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Never understood what is boring? Is it a game to move around your icons and widgets all day? I don't understand what's boring. On my note I organized my apps into folders. On my iphone I organize apps into folders. Should I be doing that every day so as not to become bored?

In battery tests one of the reviewers looped a video playing over wifi on the 7 plus and got 14 hours on it. I'd say that's pretty damn good SOT!

That's excellent I'll be lucky to get 5 hours out of this note 7 and around 15% the phone just dies. And let's not speak about lag... The note 7 is a pretty large device, the s7 edge to me personally in the battery life and lag department is way better

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I was on the verge of getting a Note 5, having turned in the Note 7 and gone back to my failing Lg G3
but I totally want the Note 7 back. I would love to get the blue one back but at this point, I'd settle for just getting a new one in my hands.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
The only thing that's making me reconsider going back is the 64GB storage. However having the 256GB SD being sent to me I'm thinking it really won't matter. Might just ride out with the S7E until next year.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I jumped ship to the S7 Edge and I'm happy with it. Bought a stylus that has different tips you can use. Works great. I only use it for DS emulator games anyway. This is a great phone. Very similar to the Note 7. Just no Spen.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I loved the note 7. I didn't have any lag or issues with the phone at all and it felt really good in the hand to me. I had preordered so I wouldn't have to deal with standing around in the store and i loved the blue. But I think I'll be waiting until note 8 to go back. I'm tired of Verizon and all the chaos for now. I got the moto z force and it's fine for a year.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000