Just a question

allysisa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Is it a good idea to reset your phone every now and then do it's fresh or does that cause problems in itself?

Never know if to restore fresh or leave it as is or clear partition..

Any advice x

Sent from my SM-N986B using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That should be unnecessary. It's more common for people to reboot the phone on a regular basis, but I find that's also unnecessary -- the only reason for me to do that would be if something is acting buggy.

allysisa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I’m not sure if it’s acting buggy as such but things occasionally go wrong and sometimes I can’t answer say a WhatsApp video call unless I unlock the screen and swipe up and press WhatsApp to answer the call it’s a little bit annoying ….. also I keep having a rotated screen even in portrait Mode x.

I turn my phone off every night when I go to bed and turn is on in the morning so mine is always restarting everyday anyways x

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I’m not sure if it’s acting buggy as such but things occasionally go wrong and sometimes I can’t answer say a WhatsApp video call unless I unlock the screen and swipe up and press WhatsApp to answer the call it’s a little bit annoying ….. also I keep having a rotated screen even in portrait Mode x.

I don't use WhatsApp, so unfortunately I don't have much insight into that. Is it supposed to allow you to answer the call like a normal phone call, without having to unlock the screen?

For the screen rotation issue, are you saying you have it locked in portrait, but some apps still rotate to landscape? Some apps will force landscape regardless of what you have the orientation set to.

allysisa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hiya yes WhatsApp should do the same for as a normal call.
And the rotating screen is locked on auto rotate but say I'm portrait mode answering a text or looking on the web the screen will move to landscape dispute the fact I'm in portrait mode X

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to your system settings and try turning off Battery Optimization for WhatsApp, in case the system is aggressively killing it in the background.

How are you holding the phone when the screen rotates to landscape? Is it upright, or is it flat/horizontal (i.e., in relation to the floor)? Sometimes the accelerometer can be fairly sensitive, so that if you're holding it flat, a very slight tilt can make the phone rotate to landscape.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbiewoodphillips