Just bought my Droid today...

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I finally made the leap from Blackberry to Droid and so far so good. I was hesitant but after toying with my brother's Droid and playing with it in store I decided to swap out my Storm2 for the Droid. Any pointers, tip or anything I need to know about this cool little device?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I would say, take a few hours and play around. Have some fun with it, get it all set up, download some free apps and enjoy :)

You will learn a lot of it quickly, but play with the menus, as they are formatted way different then the Storm2.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the world of Android. You made a great purchase and like Drm2blv suggested get to know the device as it is completely different from the Storm 2. Once your use to it then MOD it out to your taste. You'd be amazed at how many free apps there are that will allow you to do just that. Some quick suggestions are Wallpapers and a home app (Home ++, DX, Open Home, etc) that will get you started. Guaranteed you will become addicted!! Enjoy!

R

Roy Aguilera

Oh and ask questions. We are all here to help. The mods are nice here, they always kindly point you in the right direction.
Enjoy. Its a fun device.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing - moved to a Droid from a Storm 2.
The Android platform is way more modern than the BB and I'm quite happy.

tpierce67

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
New Droid owner her too. Got it last night and also coming from the BB world.....Storm2 to be exact. I don't regret it one bit either. I'll learn it then MOD! I've been reading up a lot on rooting and such.
I'm really glad i found this forum also....lots of good information.

agarrett527

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like I need to jump on this train as well. Still holding out for some reason as my upgrade is officially in April but did get the mailer about upgrading to a Droid so I may go ahead and do it.

I'm getting that itch. Yeah I know...that doesn't sound good.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
The big thing to remember is that the Droid is a different typing experience than BB. My girlfriend has a storm 2, and I actually like the SurePress screen for typing. Just keep in mind, on soft keyboard there is no feedback (confuses some people), and hard keyboard will take 1 week to a month to get used to, depending on your usage level.

Also remember, the Droid is Infinitely more customizable than the BB Storm 2. There, you get some apps on the homescreen. Here, you can have widgets, apps, pictures, music, etc, etc.

This is a much more open platform, and don't forget to customize :)

PITTSBURGHkid83

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I just got my droid 2 weeks ago I hated the keyboard when I got now I love it! I've never rooted a phone before in my life I have read about it though...my phone is now rooted to sholes 2.0.5 and I'm loving it, although there is talk again about a 2.1 update coming so I might go back to stock again! Seems like this happens every weekend...

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I hated both the on screen and physical keyboard for the first week I owned the device. Now I have grown to love both of them and am much better at typing on both.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all the feedback and advice my good people. so after about four plus of using this device I am loving it. I am going to try to install some wallpapers and download a ton more apps. probably one of the best phone I've owned in about two years.

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
As people will say, just look around the forums, even the older posts, and you will find many new ideas and ways to make your experience that much more enjoyable.
My top recommended apps are...
The stock home screen
Handcent (for SMS and mms)
Acontacts
Calendar pad

Welcome!

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to life as a Droid. If you've got some time to waste and some energy to burn, check out the zombie run app in the market. Its so much fun.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
The big thing to remember is that the Droid is a different typing experience than BB. My girlfriend has a storm 2, and I actually like the SurePress screen for typing. Just keep in mind, on soft keyboard there is no feedback (confuses some people), and hard keyboard will take 1 week to a month to get used to, depending on your usage level.

Also remember, the Droid is Infinitely more customizable than the BB Storm 2. There, you get some apps on the homescreen. Here, you can have widgets, apps, pictures, music, etc, etc.

This is a much more open platform, and don't forget to customize :)

There is haptic feedback for the soft-keys. Settings -> Android keyboard settings. In there turn on "Vibrate on keypress" landscape qwerty with feedback is great.

Everything else is on point though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny