Just brought the 7.7 Verizon

SassyLee

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I picked up the 7.7 Verizon yesterday I got it cheap since I had store credit there. I was looking for a really nice 7inch that would compliment my Ipad3. I have a 64gb Blackberry Playbook but found the apps that I used on a daily basis lacking but do love paring it with my Blackberry Torch. I have the Kindle Fire which is nice but no micro sd slot which I knew when I brought it but between my apps and movies had to really monitor what I put on it. HTC EVO View well that sits on my nightstand I dropped it on concrete so the side is chipped but in all great plus I used it as WiFi only.
I also have the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 which I have taken everywhere with me since purchasing it and wanted something in the 7inch form factor. So, I started my search I was going to wait and look at the Galaxy Tab 2 that's going out and then everyone was saying to get the 7.0 plus since it had the faster processor and more on-board ram. I kept reading about both then came across the 7.7 which with the screen resolution I was sold and even better since I had store credit.
I didn't want another 10inch screen since I love the carrying something smaller plus I already have a 10inch Acer A500 which will finally be getting Ice Cream.

Wow all I needed to say was that I'm very happy with my purchase.:D

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow! You have it worse than I do! That is quite a collection of mobile gear!

Glad you are liking it, several months in and I still love mine! Would probably love it a little more if there was a CM9 rom available...

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on taking a look at the Toshiba Excite 7.7 because I, too, am looking for a smaller (Android) tablet to complement my iPad 3. That AMOLED screen and higher resolution (higher density with the smaller screen) looks excellent, and I don't need or want any kind of cellular data plan. Toss in the Tegra 3 in the Excite, and hopefully I'll be sold.

Any impressions you want to give on the screen would be appreciated, because I understand the Excite has basically the same one. I'm hoping text will be sharper than on the current 10.1" Android tablets--I just can't use them after getting used to text on the iPad.

CletusJones

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My wife uses her 7.7 for her business and loves it. Battery life under heavy usage is almost 2 full days as well. Pretty awesome for such a small and thin device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397