Just played with an Epic 4G

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding me?

Felt like a cheap plastic piece of junk. I'll admit the screen was vibrant but it didn't blow me away like some of the AC editors make it sound in the video reviews.

It was already wobbling (display unit at Sprint) and the UI seemed super slow. The web browser was really fast but apart from that it was a piece of junk.

I'm glad Sprint is getting all of these Android devices but I would never leave my Evo for the Epic 4G, I'd recommend anyone considering to go pick one up and try it. Feels like a cheap Chinese toy.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The one I played with was super fast, but again some people mess up demo models from playing with them all day. Remember to that it's running 2.1 Eclair not Froyo like our Evo's. Also it's not even using Touchwiz 3.0 which is quite odd, considering everything else in the Galaxy S line does. I will agree it feels cheap, and the screen for me has amazing blacks but the colors are way to saturated.

BetterMost#AC

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding me?

Felt like a cheap plastic piece of junk. I'll admit the screen was vibrant but it didn't blow me away like some of the AC editors make it sound in the video reviews.

It was already wobbling (display unit at Sprint) and the UI seemed super slow. The web browser was really fast but apart from that it was a piece of junk.

I'm glad Sprint is getting all of these Android devices but I would never leave my Evo for the Epic 4G, I'd recommend anyone considering to go pick one up and try it. Feels like a cheap Chinese toy.

Funny, Thats exactly what I thought about my Evo. Thats why I ditched it and got the Epic. The Epic is everything I wanted in a handset and then some! The switches and build quality are supurb!

Last edited:

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My experience with an EVO at the sprint store totally let me down. The Epic is tremendous in so many ways. I'll admit though, I wish it came in a non-slider version because I do prefer the solid feel of a non-slider. However, the EVO has too many other shortcomings of its own.

volwrath

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I checked out the Epic, and decided to stay with the evo. It was beautiful and fast, but it did feel a little light to me, and when my Evo is serving up 4Mbps to my laptop over wireless, its kind of hard to change things

Epic was nice, but wasnt worth me unrooting my Evo restoring all to factory.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
We have both. I'd personally never carry the Epic, but I can see why others would like it and it's good to have choice.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
We have both. I'd personally never carry the Epic, but I can see why others would like it and it's good to have choice.

I totally agree, I guess I was just expecting a lot more out of it.

I will say this, if it didn't feel as cheap as it did I'd like it a lot more. Thats the ony thing I hated about my Pre, cheap slider that started to wobble.. The Epic just came out and the display units in the store had slight oreo effect.. no thanks.

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The Epic is my wifes first Android phone coming from Palm. Since June she complained about how I never put the Evo down....now she's glued to her Epic and I haven't heard any more complaints!

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Is the browser for the Epic raster because it isn't running flash?

If you're referring to the lack of text reflow, it turns out that's a Sense feature HTC put into the stock browser.

Edit: the Epic reflows when you double tap but not when you unpinch to zoom like the Evo does.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23