Just pushed stock battery over 24 hours on single charge

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If your battery is still at or above 50% after 24 hours then you are barely using it. Battery life is all in the usage. The best thing to do if you use your phone heavy and want to conserve battery is to use little to no screen brightness.

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If your battery is still at or above 50% after 24 hours then you are barely using it. Battery life is all in the usage. The best thing to do if you use your phone heavy and want to conserve battery is to use little to no screen brightness.

I just started turing mine off yesterday. I want to see what that does. Before I kept it at about 25%.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, I by far got the most out of single charge on this last battery cycle. Just plugged it in this morning at 2 days and 13 minutes with 20% left.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

I agree usage has a lot to do with it but I did get 26 hours with moderate usage, right now I am at 50% and almost 27 hours but it has had light usage mostly in that time. I will be perfectly happy with 12 hours of heavy usage.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I do have my brightness turned all the way down, nothing syncs automatically except my gmail and fancy widgets weather (every 2 hours) when I removed the facebook account it made a big difference. I also have the extended battery (about 30% more) but did get a couple of 26 hour days from the stock battery.

I am currently at 30% left and at around 30 hours

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
phone.jpg

here is a quick photo for the people calling shenanigans

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
nice, is that on the whole time or do you shut it off at night? Also looks like you havent used the phone for anything, my crappy picture doesnt show the other things I have used the phone for, browser, wifi, android system, dolphin browser

Mine is on the whole time, not sure if the timer resets if you shut off as I have not tried yet but I do know it resets if you pull the battery

bmaner_AC

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
nice, is that on the whole time or do you shut it off at night? Mine is on the whole time, not sure if the timer resets if you shut off as I have not tried yet but I do know it resets if you pull the battery

It was on the whole time... I used it sparingly but no games. I also had it in the battery saving mode from 10p-5a. I have since went to Froyo and it seems to be good as well. So needless to say I am happy with the battery life on the X.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
good to see it last that long even though you havent used it much, I remember my blackberry storm went from full to almost dead in 5 hours and all I had on it was weather bug and I played a few games of word mole

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
how do you guys do this? I get about 10 hrs max out of a battery.

I am running 2.2 not rooted on a very stock X.

I have the screen brightness off, only turn it up when I need to.
The only widgets I have are a clock and power control.
I text around a hundred or so texts a day, play papertoss or I shoot on my 30min lunch break. I dont make many phone calls at all. Maybe one a day for no more than 5 min.

I just hit 12 hours since I unplugged and am at 80%! :)

I have been told that having lots of widgets can suck the power down. I did get rid of all of those that I was not using and the girl at the Verizon store downloaded ATK for me but I deleted that and it helped.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
im on 2.2 stock not-rooted with medium text and browsing usage,

unplugged phone at 7am today. phone is at 40% now

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It was on the whole time... I used it sparingly but no games. I also had it in the battery saving mode from 10p-5a. I have since went to Froyo and it seems to be good as well. So needless to say I am happy with the battery life on the X.
Yep, I use the battery saver mode as well...though I have mine customized from 11p - 5am. My battery easily goes the night without dropping 10% using this setting.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Before Froyo on stock 2.1, I would go about 12 hours with pretty moderate usage before I needed to recharge. With Froyo, right now I have been unplugged for 11 hours; sent a lot of texts, received a phone call and updated a few apps on the Market and still sitting pretty at 80%.

I have brightness turned all the way down, in addition to using Batter Indicator Pro, System Panel and LaucherPro Plus for example. Also, by turning off 3G to avoid connecting all day if there isn't a strong signal saves a ton of battery. I also use Battery Saver mode all day long.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Its been discussed a lot before, but if you have access to wifi use it. The wifi radio uses significantly less juice than the 3G.

leggy

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Also, by turning off 3G to avoid connecting all day if there isn't a strong signal saves a ton of battery. I also use Battery Saver mode all day long.

Not sure you can turn 3G off with CDMA phones. Maybe the only way is when you turn wifi on. If there is a way, then please share it.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is terrible..... usually take it off charge around 7am and by 5pm i need to recharge or im screwed

im right there with you.

i dint see why i should have to restrict the performance of my phone by turning off data sync etc......defeats the purpose of having the phone.

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The first few days after the update to the OTA 2.2 my battery life was not good. I am stock unrooted 2.2, no ATK no battery apps.
I rarely talk on the phone but have facebook and news widget updating, wifi on almost all of the time.

Before the OTA I was getting about 24 hours with light use, UNLESS I used the bluetooth headset. I could turn it on with 80% battery left and go to the store and run a few errands and by the time I got home it would have dropped to 30 to 40%.

I took my X off the charger at 10 AM checked facebook and scanned through over 100 news stories then it sat until about 5 PM when I turned on bluetooth and went out for about 4 hours. I forgot to turn wifi off, when I got home I still had 80% battery left after 12 hours.

I've just started classes so not using it much I admit, but the difference after a few hours of bluetooth is enough to make me take notice

I did do the battery conditioning cycle again after installing 2.2 thinking the new OS might need to calibrate the battery meter and this is the first full day after completing that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91