Just pushed stock battery over 24 hours on single charge

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
im right there with you.

i dint see why i should have to restrict the performance of my phone by turning off data sync etc......defeats the purpose of having the phone.

ya it does but not if you turn off the things you do not need to sync, I do not have facebook sync because I get emails on my phone (for the things I want) and I do shut off data at night when I am sleeping but I could care less in the middle of the night when I am sleeping

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I got that one beat.... I get over a week out of my battery when I only turn it on
twice a day !! (JK)
Better yet, I never have to charge if I leave it off !!
Yaaaaay !!

Last edited:

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
phone.jpg

here is a quick photo for the people calling shenanigans

My display always reigns in at 50 to 60 percent. How do you get it that low??? I mostly have my brightness turned down all the way too.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
My display always reigns in at 50 to 60 percent. How do you get it that low??? I mostly have my brightness turned down all the way too.

not sure, I have the display all the way down, only other thing I can think of is when I am done using the phone I always hit the button and lock the screen instead of letting it time out and go black

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Its a PERCENTAGE of the USAGE. So it says 1 day blah blah since unplugged, when your display is not the first thing on the list then that means you didn't use your phone.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I get awesome battery life out of my stock battery. Currently at 1 day 38 minutes with 60% battery life. This is with very little use of my phone over the last day (few emails, 2 phone calls, few text messages).

Mines @ 69% and it's at about exactly 24 hours now. (I have a Fascinate but still.) I had it on Airplane mode most of that time bc I've been busy at school, but I did have a long phone call last night and did use the phone a little bit yesterday- played Angry Birds, went on Twitter a few times, etc.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had over 26 hrs on a stock battery(stock 2.2) and still had power left .
This is with moderate to light use including gps/maps used.Then it was bedtime .

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Its a PERCENTAGE of the USAGE. So it says 1 day blah blah since unplugged, when your display is not the first thing on the list then that means you didn't use your phone.

in my case it means I was on the phone more then playing with the phone, not that I was not using it much but rather how I was using it

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
ya it does but not if you turn off the things you do not need to sync, I do not have facebook sync because I get emails on my phone (for the things I want) and I do shut off data at night when I am sleeping but I could care less in the middle of the night when I am sleeping

I took your advise and turned all my syncing off and changed it to manual except for email and its really paying off. I had it running for 11 hours and it was sitting at 70%

What a difference.

be22

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
sweet i got about 16 hours out of mine with heavy texting many phone calls and mild websurfing. pretty good for a smart phone?

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This was with 2.1. I haven't tried to see how long a full charge (from full to dead) will go on 2.2 yet. I've gotten 43 hours with 30% left but had to recharge cause I needed a full battery for the next day.

shambel87

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone out there bought the Seidio Innocell 1750mAh Extended Battery for Motorola Droid X?? I read the instructions. Said to charge the phone for atleast 8 hours. Charged the phone at night, work up all excited and the battery did not charge. Any ideas???

SouthernBelle

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had my DX for almost a week. I get better than expected battery life from mine. Running 2.2, stock browser, can facebook, browse, text, talk and go through my 12-14 hour workday and still have good battery (green). Had a little fun at work today with media player and pandora, so I finally managed to get down to about 20%.

I had a Samsung Moment that chewed through battery life ... was happy to get 4hrs on a full charge. Had a small problem with receiving calls.

I use the Battery Manager with Nighttime Saver Mode. Ditched a lot of widgets/app things I don't use or care about.

So far, very happy with my X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe