Kit Kat update downloading now

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
The vibrator on my phone was definitely toned down with this update. It was really rough before the update.
I like everything except the new dialer. It just looks really washed out and unfinished. I don't get the obsession with white backgrounds

Also, I don't see the Default Launcher setting (can't wait for KK launcher to be official)

jayrod88

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I was the same way at first but I got used to it after a few days. I'm running the AT&T Kit Kat leak. So far the only bug I have is occasionally it'll lag a bit when unlocking from an active notification. Other than that it works great. I also just used the built in printing to my HP printer. Worked perfect.

Posted via Android Central App

Denelor

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how many people just made up their minds to go buy a new Moto X? :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I ordered my Dev edition Saturday. Shows up tomorrow. My first experience will be with Kit Kat. So while it wasn't the reason I ordered it, it's damn exciting!

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what the chances are that the "AT&T" bit disappear from the top left of the Moto X with KitKat. As if people really need to be reminded what network they're using.

Thrilled to see the white though! Love neutral colors for system information, never understood the use of blue, always bugged me.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Got it. Of course I use Holo launcher so it looks the same. Easy fast install. Since I detest the google-style email, it of course made my email google-style. I think I need to find another client. Maybe go back to Aqua Mail.

chenalex

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Does Hangouts SMS work with Motorola Connect? And are MMS automatically downloaded, or do I have to tap to download? I've been having a lot of trouble with receiving MMS on Hangouts so I switched back to default messaging.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The vibrator on my phone was definitely toned down with this update. It was really rough before the update.
I like everything except the new dialer. It just looks really washed out and unfinished. I don't get the obsession with white backgrounds

Also, I don't see the Default Launcher setting (can't wait for KK launcher to be official)

I need a night time mode.

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using Kit Kat with a launcher, like Nova? Reason being is that the Notification & Navigation bars aren't transparent. I guess I might have use the beta for Nova.

Posted via Android Central App

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
dont forget to post back on google wallet tap to pay.

the only thing i miss from my nexus 4 is the tap and pay

You have to get the Nexus 5 Google Wallet apk to replace the existing one, but once you make that switch it does indeed work

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I can only imagine what it must be like to abandon Verizon for AT&T in favor of faster updates, only to read this thread. I'm scared. :confused:

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I can only imagine what it must be like to abandon Verizon for AT&T in favor of faster updates, only to read this thread. I'm scared. :confused:

I did abandon Verizon for AT&T but it wasn't strictly updates. I am a little jealous of those getting 4.4 now but know that AT&T should follow soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Leo Lala

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
yip my s2 samsung device is not turning on or responding wat do i do? it turns on but gets stuck on the samsung logo and dosent perform propely as it freezes and stay on the logo being non responding

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried doing a factory reset, or taking the battery out, or and I am sorry if this is really too simple, but have you made sure there is enough battery power, is it plugged in?