KitKat lockscreen widget missing ring/vibrate toggle

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
So, as many of you have probably noticed, the stock lockscreen widget for our KitKat update is missing the toggle for switching between your phone ringing and vibrating.

Now, I've tried DashClock with the custom extension set to function as a toggle. However, that actually unlocks the phone each time rather than simply toggling.

Power Toggles functions perfectly as a toggle for he function but it doesn't have a clock and doesn't tell me when my next alarm is.

Right now I'm using the Timely lockscreen widget but I really miss the toggle. Would it be so difficult to have a lockscreen widget with the toggle and a clock like the old lockscreen? Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer, otherwise I'd do it myself and pass it on to you guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Malchore

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Another Razr HD owner really upset about the lack of ringer/vibrate toggle on the lockscreen.

I'll look into HD Widgets. But right now, my best solution is to use Power Toggles. I used it anyways to toggle various things on/off (mostly WiFi, but also have a toggle for screen brightness, GPS location plus a few other random ones.) Anyways they have a toggle setting for ringer volume - Can toggle Ringer On, Ringer Off, Ringer Vibrate. It's not on the lock screen, but I can access it with one swipe directly from the lock screen. That's my solution for now.

Rose Scott

May 28, 2014
Visit site
It's not on the lock screen, but I can access it with one swipe directly from the lock screen. That's my solution for now.

On a Razr Maxx thread, there were instructions to put the Power Toggle widget on the lock screen, but apparently its different with the Razr HD. Anyone know if this can be done with the HD?

kirnkorner2001

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My solution to this turns out to be quite simple. If you press and hold the power button like you were going to turn it off, there are icons at the bottom of the shutdown window. Mute and no vibrate is on the left, mute but vibrate middle, and then sound on on the right. It's not like it was, but it's not too hard to get by.

Jeff Vaughan

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
If you press and hold the Power button from lock screen, the Power off / Airplane mode / Mute/Vibrate/Ring toggle comes up just like it used to. One extra step, but still very easy to access.

David Underwood1

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
My solution to this turns out to be quite simple. If you press and hold the power button like you were going to turn it off, there are icons at the bottom of the shutdown window. Mute and no vibrate is on the left, mute but vibrate middle, and then sound on on the right. It's not like it was, but it's not too hard to get by.
I used that and it still vibrates when I enter my pin. I turned off all of the vibration feature in every keyboard app on this phone. I am using a Motorola XT1021 with the latest Kit Kat version. It still vibrates when I log into my lock screen. There is no setting in security for vibrate on/off. Help?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos