Known Issues

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Any chance we can get a place for issues people have had with the phone so if someone does come in with a problem they could at least have a place to look right away.

Maybe have it set up with the problem
- Link to form post
- Known solution

Repeat for issue #2

and so on...

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Ha yeah I guess that is a problem.

I have the phone but have only had 3 problems.

My wifi had trouble turning off at one point, I was downloading an app and installing one then got a phone call all at the same time, and I had to turn off the phone after to get the wifi back up again. I would chalk that up to too much for the system.

When I restart my phone with wifi on and connected to a network, Visual voicemail can not retrieve mail. I just have to disconnect from the wifi session. I think that is just standard procedure for the phone. So not really a problem.

And last I cant get all my contact pictures to upload from facebook. Don't know what to do about that one.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I have one. Do NOT buy the privacy screen protector in case you store is already selling it. Verizon store I just went to said they are not allowed to sell those anymore because it damages the phone. Something about magnets. Verizon is aware of this problem and have stopped all purchases on the privacy screen protector.

xr4racer

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I believe there is an issue when using OWA (Exchange 2003) , and certain Security Policies (particularly the force PIN policy to Lock the device). The Mailbox just appears Black(blank).

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Ha yeah I guess that is a problem.

I have the phone but have only had 3 problems.

My wifi had trouble turning off at one point, I was downloading an app and installing one then got a phone call all at the same time, and I had to turn off the phone after to get the wifi back up again. I would chalk that up to too much for the system.

When I restart my phone with wifi on and connected to a network, Visual voicemail can not retrieve mail. I just have to disconnect from the wifi session. I think that is just standard procedure for the phone. So not really a problem.

And last I cant get all my contact pictures to upload from facebook. Don't know what to do about that one.

for facebook contacts to sync, the names have to be spelled EXACTLY the same. after you do that, it should sync over

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
for facebook contacts to sync, the names have to be spelled EXACTLY the same. after you do that, it should sync over

ill give that a try thank you.

I have one. Do NOT buy the privacy screen protector in case you store is already selling it. Verizon store I just went to said they are not allowed to sell those anymore because it damages the phone. Something about magnets. Verizon is aware of this problem and have stopped all purchases on the privacy screen protector.

Yeah mine sucked and I tried to return it for a different accessory but they would not let me because I used it. How bad does it mess up the phone? Can anyone else confirm or deny this? I feel like my screen did have some problems after using it as well. Should I try to go get a new unit?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
The basic screen protector works fine. Its the privacy screen protector thats causing the problems. The one thats supposed to keep people from looking at your phone from an angle.

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The basic screen protector works fine. Its the privacy screen protector thats causing the problems. The one thats supposed to keep people from looking at your phone from an angle.

Yeah I have that one. I took it off. One thing that was happening was, when I held down on an app icon to move it, the icon would shake while in place. Now after removing the cover for a few hours they do not shake anymore.

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
When I was in the VZW store yesterday one of the techs told me they were not allowed to sell it.

Not because it messes up the phone, but it is to thick and the touch screen does not play well with it.

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I have that one. I took it off. One thing that was happening was, when I held down on an app icon to move it, the icon would shake while in place. Now after removing the cover for a few hours they do not shake anymore.

I would go back. If the stores are no longer selling them, they should allow you to exchange. There was a tech bulletin put out by VZW about it.

cgc2

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

I am not sure what this is...but we are not talking about the clear screen protector, correct ?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure what this is...but we are not talking about the clear screen protector, correct ?

no, it's the privacy screen protector.

the clear one should work fine as it's much thinner than the privacy one.

easiest way to know which one you have (aside from looking at it) is the privacy one comes in a one pack, where the clear ones are generally sold in packs of 3.

lyoko37

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The screen protector that Verizon sells stinks in my opinion. It looks ugly because there is a "tab" spot where you can pull it off at but it is very noticeable. I think I'm going to return these and get an invisible shield for it when it comes out.

cth978#AC

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

lyoko37

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
The screen protector that Verizon sells stinks in my opinion. It looks ugly because there is a "tab" spot where you can pull it off at but it is very noticeable. I think I'm going to return these and get an invisible shield for it when it comes out.

the tab is for the cover that's on TOP of the screen protector (they are covered from both sides)

once you get the protector on the way you want and it's good and stuck, carefully peel the part with the tab and the cover will come off of the protector.

hope that will helps