Koush's 2.1 Rom

R

Roy Aguilera

DA, seeing as I don't see 5.0.5.7 in rom manager i have a feeling you got your hands on another beta? or is this just common knowledge for what will be included in the next update? Ill probably wait till .7 comes out then to update it. i figure it will either be tonight or over the next day or 2. One thing i like about this rom is that if there is an Issue with the rom, Koush puts out a new update ASAP. the one thing that sucks is that there are way too many updates haha. everytime i check rom manager there is always somthing new. But then again updates are good and works out the kinks. I am wondering though that if Koush gets a 100% glitch/bug free rom out, will he stop with the updates or will he keep pushing out new, bigger, better? You have to respect sombody who devotes that much time to helping other people. I am assuming he isn't married because i would think his wife would have had his man-hood nailed to the wall at this point haha.

He (along with Chris S and Cyanogen) put in some work.
The issue is with the latest render scripts that Google released.It is supposed to help speed up the phone however it also breaks launcher 2. We are on 5.0.5.7 test1 and although launcher 2 no longer fcs it still needs some work. It is somewhat broken in Landscape and when switching from landscape to portrait it gets buggy (wallpapers stop interacting for a few minutes) hopefully these issues get fixed and we have a fully working 5.0.5.7

Just in case you missed (anyone) what was added in 5.0.5.6.
The idle percentage issue is fixed.
Browser now shows ,gifs (moving avatars).
The camera has way more options.
Version now shows ESE81.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
He (along with Chris S and Cyanogen) put in some work.
The issue is with the latest render scripts that Google released.

Just in case you missed (anyone) what was added in 5.0.5.6.
The idle percentage issue is fixed.
Browser now shows ,gifs (moving avatars).
The camera has way more options.
Version now shows ESE81.

Do you think if I do not wipe and upgrade to 5.0.5.6, that I can go to 0.7 without wiping again?

Also, any guesses on when 0.7 will be coming out?

bmderuosi

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Just flashed to 5.0.5.7 it was available on my rommanager list, I can't use launcher 2 FC loop, so i changed the settings by going into the settings using the slide out keyboard(and people say its worthless), I went back to using DxTop for the convenience buttons row.

New kernel only goes up to 600 Mhz so I need to install a different kernel... any suggestions? I want to be able to run at 1Gig...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just flashed to 5.0.5.7 it was available on my rommanager list, I can't use launcher 2 FC loop, so i changed the settings by going into the settings using the slide out keyboard(and people say its worthless), I went back to using DxTop for the convenience buttons row.

New kernel only goes up to 600 Mhz so I need to install a different kernel... any suggestions? I want to be able to run at 1Gig...

I would re download it because I can't get mine to force close its running smooth.:)

I like how you get 5 app's in a row on the application screen :)

I just tried the helix launcher2 and it would FC in a loop :(

Last edited:
R

Roy Aguilera

UGH!!! I am so impatient right now.
Hope you finally got it running
Do you think if I do not wipe and upgrade to 5.0.5.6, that I can go to 0.7 without wiping again?

Also, any guesses on when 0.7 will be coming out?
Nope no need. Its already out.
i just loaded 0.7 and it's not an OC'd? SetCPU see's it at 500Mhz. Hmmm maybe i'm doing something wrong.
If you go into Rom Manager>Download Rom>CyanogenMod>bekit Kernels you can pick an OC kernel.
To avoid Fcs, Go into settings, Manage Apps, Menu, Filter, all, Launcher clear defaults, clear data.
Download one of bekits kernels (Rom Manager>Download Rom>CyanogenMod>bekit Kernels )
I would re download it because I can't get mine to force close its running smooth.:)

I like how you get 5 app's in a row on the application screen :)

I just tried the helix launcher2 and it would FC in a loop :(

Helix needs to be updated to work with the latest source code released by google on the 30th. Looks like Ruqqq is not going to update it and is abandoning Helix.

Shay D. Life

Android Advocate
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Got it, thanks to Roy Aguilera

While still on 5.0.5.4

Applications>
Manage Applications>
Filter>
All>
Launcher>
Clear Defaults>
Clear Data

Complete action using: Launcher (Without default)

Load 5.0.5.7

When it gives you the options for {Home or Launcher} choose {Launcher} but don't set as default until you're sure there aren't any fc's.:D

R

Roy Aguilera

Google changed its render scripts and he has to completely overhaul the app. He is lazy. :p

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Well to report, I just loaded 5.0.5.7 onto my phone and put Smoked Glass-esque theme on. Ran a ton slower, and suddenly went into boot loops after 5 minutes of use.

Back to 5.0.5.4!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Well to report, I just loaded 5.0.5.7 onto my phone and put Smoked Glass-esque theme on. Ran a ton slower, and suddenly went into boot loops after 5 minutes of use.

Back to 5.0.5.4!

I tried the same theme with the same results now I'm back .3 :mad:

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I just ran into a little problem. When I restored back to 5.0.5.4 from 5.0.5.7, Titanium Backup nor the Market could install Opera, Iron Site Light, Earth, etc, because it said "insufficient memory available", although I have at least 50% free. Anyone have any ideas why that would happen?

Edit: So I fixed permissions using the button in ROM manager, and everything is ok now. No idea what caused the bug, but something did.

Last edited:

kalldrexx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
...so i changed the settings by going into the settings using the slide out keyboard(and people say its worthless), I went back to using DxTop for the convenience buttons row. ...

How did you do this with the slide out keyboard? I saw the FCs and all I could figure out to do was reboot the phone and go back to .5

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Just updated to 5.0.5.7 because my 5.0.5.4 started rebooting every 5 minutes. Probably a corrupt restore.

But now 5.0.5.7 is running stable. I don't get it, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174