Koush's 2.1 Rom

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I might hold off on .7 for now. I keep seeing people having issues with the stability. Right now I'm running 5.0.5 (ya I know I have been slacking off haha) and haven't had any major issues. Are there any significant changes or upgrades where I should consider upgrading?

R

Roy Aguilera

Updated drivers, updated render scripts, updated camera app, browser now renders gifs, fixed idle and stand by issue and last but not least fixed corpcal (fully working). He also added a 5 column launcher 2.

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
So basically your saying to upgrade then? Haha

DA, seeing as how you always get your hands on the new betas, is there anything big coming soon?

R

Roy Aguilera

So basically your saying to upgrade then? Haha

DA, seeing as how you always get your hands on the new betas, is there anything big coming soon?

Not ATM. It is pretty stable. Looking at the GitHubs Koush and Cyanogens. Doesn't look like anything big is happening.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
You apply the SmokedGlass Theme?

Nope. I didn't apply it, and I haven't had one FC issue yet.

To everyone that hasn't upgraded, definitely do so, 0.7 is stable (so far). However, I would hold off on the "smoked glass-esque", that kept giving me bootloops every 5 minutes.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
DA (or Roy, gotta get used to that :p), do you know why Ultimate Droid was pulled from ROM Manager? He didn't mention anything in his changelog.

R

Roy Aguilera

People were having all sorts of issues with his rom. They were asking koush for rom support. Black Droid pulled the links.

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Can I install Koush's 2.1 ROM with Nandroid, or do I have to switch to that other funky recovery? I mean, can I install it like I install all the others I've used?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No unless their is an spr version out their that I haven't seen. But your best bet is to get Rom manager and flash clockwork mod its quick and easy.

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
How would I switch recoveries?

And does that one allow loading of Smoked Glass.. the ROM itself, not the theme on top of Koush's. =P

I'm seriously considering it if it's not too difficult. I'm also waiting though for any of the developers to comment on the video messages turning into thumbs and sound files though. Lot's of people with Koush's and the new 3.0 Simply Stunning seem to be having the problem, but it doesn't look like any of the devs are replying to peoples comment on that.

Blah.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
How would I switch recoveries?

And does that one allow loading of Smoked Glass.. the ROM itself, not the theme on top of Koush's. =P

I'm seriously considering it if it's not too difficult. I'm also waiting though for any of the developers to comment on the video messages turning into thumbs and sound files though. Lot's of people with Koush's and the new 3.0 Simply Stunning seem to be having the problem, but it doesn't look like any of the devs are replying to peoples comment on that.

Blah.

If you download Rom manager from the market it will allow you to switch between both. No it doesn't download adamz smoked glass Rom for you but you can use his app to apply it if its an update zip don't know about the mms issue haven't run .7 for long periods usually an hour or two then back to sense

kalldrexx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I moved back to 5.0.5.7, and now Pandora is gone. I went to the market to redownload it, and it says "Installation unsuccessful" and then "Installation error, incompatible update".

Anyone know how to fix this?

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
People were having all sorts of issues with his rom. They were asking koush for rom support. Black Droid pulled the links.

Ah I see. Thanks for the info. Makes sense, I wouldn't want to be pestered about something that wasn't mine.

Just checked it, and looks like UD is back up with 9.8. Good thing he did an upgrade, I heard some problems with 8.9 and 9.0.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I moved back to 5.0.5.7, and now Pandora is gone. I went to the market to redownload it, and it says "Installation unsuccessful" and then "Installation error, incompatible update".

Anyone know how to fix this?

I try two fixes. First, I uninstall anything in my market that has to do with pandora (look in the app manager, filter by "all", and see if there is anything that says pandora in it). The second fix is go into ROM manager and hit the button on the bottom that says "fix permissions", and then reboot.

Try those, and see how it works.

kalldrexx

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I try two fixes. First, I uninstall anything in my market that has to do with pandora (look in the app manager, filter by "all", and see if there is anything that says pandora in it). The second fix is go into ROM manager and hit the button on the bottom that says "fix permissions", and then reboot.

Try those, and see how it works.

Did both. #2 didn't do anything. #1 worked but I had to uninstall it through the systems -> manage applications part, as the market only gave me an "install" option, no open or uninstall.

Working now though Thanks :D

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Did both. #2 didn't do anything. #1 worked but I had to uninstall it through the systems -> manage applications part, as the market only gave me an "install" option, no open or uninstall.

Working now though Thanks :D

No probs :). I usually find that some apps have weird files left behind that don't allow re-install. For me, it's smart keyboard pro and google maps that is usually the problem. Glad to help.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ok so i just updated to .7 but now which kernal should i download, the bekit or p3droid? are there any differences?

edit: DA-- the launcher isn't installing for some reason. i dont know why?

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
OK so I was out most of the day today and loaded up .7 I can't deny its an exceptional rom one that I would suggest anyone use its great. But I need something different. Just me going back to desire but man .7 makes it hard. And I tried ud last night overrated. Not as fast as the pre alpha desire port let down
bitfix try and clear the defualts for launcher and reload it .

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
the defaults are cleared but everytime i try to install the new launcher apk it says "application not installed".

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My bad didn't know you were talking about the fixed helix launcher 2 downloaded it from my phone renamed it and installed took all of 30 sec using it now don't know what's going wrong with yours bitfix do you have a2sd enabled

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe