Lack of Tablet Apps

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So is the lack of apps mostly due to Honeycomb? The newness of Android tablet hardware? Or something else? Will it get better when Ice Cream Sandwich is released in the next few months?

I think it is obscene that Hulu and Skype (w/ video) don't work on most/all Android tablets. I can't see any legitimate reason for it.

I'd also like to get my Sirius App working.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I was just on the Skype website and they have a statement that the Tegra 2 chipset doesn't support video. WTF?

To make video calls, you need:
• An Android phone with a front facing camera and chipset with NEON technology support* that’s running Android 2.2 (Froyo) or above.
• The latest version of Skype for Android.
• A 3G** or WiFi connection.
* This specifically does not include some tablets that use the Tegra 2 chipset (e.g. Android tablets and Motorola Atrix do not support video calling).

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11019/How-do-I-make-video-calls-with-Skype-for-Android?frompage=search&q=skype+for+android+android+tablet&fromSearchFirstPage=false

So Skype is claiming that Tegra 2 tablets (e.g. All Android tablets) are incapable of supporting video calling? Can someone help me figure out if this is actually true. Or is Skype simply saying that they don't support video calling with Skype at the moment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac