Launcher I love it but...

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I love the stock launcher but I wished I could fix then number of windows it was I don't need all 5 I only use maybe one two at the most. I have looked allover this phone and cant find a setting for it. Anyone know or am I just wishing I missed something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There is no way to limit the amount of screens on the stock ics launcher. I'm running Nova launcher which is very similar to the ics launcher but it doesn't have that option either but maybe after some updates it will.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
This isnt meant to be mean spirited in any way...but....what does it matter if you have open screens your not using? You would not see them because you dont have any reason to scroll to them. They dont take up any additional resources....So why do you guys care?

SassyPenguin

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
This isnt meant to be mean spirited in any way...but....what does it matter if you have open screens your not using? You would not see them because you dont have any reason to scroll to them. They dont take up any additional resources....So why do you guys care?

Perhaps we're just weird and anal, but I really don't like having the extra pages either.

BTW TYSDAD08, ADW Laucher EX is kinda cool, but the screen becomes squished with the dock bar at the bottom. Great for Honeycomb though.

Though about doing Launcher Pro, which comes with a really cool array of customizable shortcuts to about any system task/program you can think of.

However, even then I'm keeping mine stock... but yeah those are the options I've gone to before.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The reason I would like to have less is I like to put pics of my son as the wallpaper. With the 5 screens it makes the pics look very bad I know it's lame thing to worry about but I was just asking I kind of want to stay with the stock launcher so guess I deal.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. does lowering the number of screens from say 5 to 3 in Nova Launcher affect the look of the wallpaper? ie does the wallpaper image get stretched or contorted as a result?
2. how does changing the "scrolling" vs. "non-scrolling" wallpaper setting in the Nova Launcher settings affect the image if it is indeed affected by 3 vs. 5 screens?

DavinFelth

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The reason I would like to have less is I like to put pics of my son as the wallpaper. With the 5 screens it makes the pics look very bad I know it's lame thing to worry about but I was just asking I kind of want to stay with the stock launcher so guess I deal.

It shouldn't matter how many screens you have if that's the issue. It will use the same resolution wallpaper not matter how many screens you use, all that will change is how much it scrolls the wallpaper when you move to the other home screens.