Launcher Pro

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Might anyone know anything about LauncherPro??

I want to use it...truly do. But it seems so hard to use. I have figured out how to enlarge it to 7 screens. But there is an icon, second from the left on the bottom. I am certain it is contacts BUT IT SAYS 'UNABLE TO FUNCTION' Or something of that sort??

And I simply don't know how to use it. Can u give me ANY basic pointers.

I did figure out how to switch between the Vibrants own starter program and that using Home Switcher.

Thanks a lot

Eric

ps

As an aside I was unable to use my yahoo email with the Vibrant EMail. someone said that secondary programs are usually not as good at handling Yahoo email, to either stick with the Yahoo email program Tmo support recommended (which is why I am asking--i dislike it..have that terrible opening screen which makes it so slow) OR to go with some other program (i forget)

Any comments on that, if u understand??

Again, thanks a ton

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried this one on the vibrant but had it on my Hero. I didn't like it as much as the adw.launcher. I prefer the touch wiz launcher over both of these.

xbangerang

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
What you want to do is long press on the icon which will bring up a menu, slect "Change Shortcut" then select "Applications" and then select your contacts. then it will work. I use launcher pro and I love it. Let me know if you have any more questions about it...can't really help you with the Yahoo problem though, don't use it.

Cheers.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
which launchers of all of them allow the apps to go vertically AND dont go blank or vibrate and jerk whatever that thing is called

I think that would be the Samsung Launcher right??

basically the most important ? for me is what ones are vertiical, and what one of those is the best?

thanks so much
Eric

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
LaunherPro PLUS is the bestest! And does anyone know if I disable TouchWiz on my Vibrant can I enable it if I don't like the stock UI?

PhxBlue

Super Geek
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Heres another alternative. Its launcher2.apk, Its basically the Nexus 1 launcher. No root needed to install this apk. email it to yourself and then go to gmail.com on your phones browser and download to your phone.

download link

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey Phx, or other members. I am cool with a lot. I like homeswitcher. And o especially like the main reason we r here.....Launcher pro. But I see urs and others recommending Launcher Pro Plus. AND Launcher 2.

Could you help straighten it out. Or anyone

1. Which is the best
2. Launcher pro is the 1 used on it the Evo and incredible correct
3. What is the name of the 1 on the samsung and how
about the motorola x
4. Can u say who uses Wiz? Adw?

I would like to use another than launcher pro, but only if it is considered best. Otherwise NP. If so isbthere a way to copy your pages of apparently between launchers? How about within your own launcher. Can u copy pages or folders???

Thx for your patience in hopefully helping

P.S.
Upon completing this i went to get the launcher 2apk but it says it is incompatible with my phone on the pages you gave. The only other filebon that page is a JPEG I did not open

Thx

Last edited:

PhxBlue

Super Geek
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey Phx, or other members. I am cool with a lot. I like homeswitcher. And o especially like the main reason we r here.....Launcher pro. But I see urs and others recommending Launcher Pro Plus. AND Launcher 2.

Could you help straighten it out. Or anyone

1. Which is the best
2. Launcher pro is the 1 used on it the Evo and incredible correct
3. What is the name of the 1 on the samsung and how
about the motorola x
4. Can u say who uses Wiz? Adw?

I would like to use another than launcher pro, but only if it is considered best. Otherwise NP. If so isbthere a way to copy your pages of apparently between launchers? How about within your own launcher. Can u copy pages or folders???

Thx for your patience in hopefully helping

P.S.
Upon completing this i went to get the launcher 2apk but it says it is incompatible with my phone on the pages you gave. The only other filebon that page is a JPEG I did not open

Thx

Well i happen to like Launcher Pro with its recent updates, it runs nice and smooth. If you dont like it you can try ADW launcher or you can download a home replacement such as open home or aHome. Al lof them do a good job and are very customizable.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks a lot you're really helping a lot i appreciate your keeping with me. I want to be like launcher pro 5 today there isn't too many problems with black screens vibrating et cetera. Has anyone had thats i think that for me the native 14 samsung is probably going to work the best. Unless you can tell me what i have done wrong. Isn't ADW the 1 you spoke of the 1 that i am using on the samsung vibrant anyway.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

.....for sticking with me.

I think I was asking that question in the middle of waking up from nap after nap. Dealing with a lot of pain from neuropathy all all I can do is sleep, yet when I do wake up it is from tons and tons of muscular pain...u seem like a pro any suggestions...:) LOL

...Onward

It seems like I was having a ton of problems with Launcher Pro

1. First, Launcher pro is what htc uses a lot right. When u said I could use twz, u did not know what phone I have right..I use the Vibrant...doesnt' that phone natively (is that the right use of the word) use that launcher

2. So with that Launcher, this morning I was having nothing but problems. Occasionally my phone does that .... is that normal. Before I ask, I think it can be due to certain apps and not the phone. It did it when I had a task killer till everyone told me to take it off...I even went back to factory on my own. It was fine. Until now. Now this morning I was getting black screens for seconds at a time, the apps would not show up, the phone would go into heptic (haptic sp?) mode and jerk and vibrate...Nothing ...I had to put it down for an hour. Nothing. I went back to twz, or whatever the main one Vibrant uses.

So so smooth. I love it.

Not sure anyway of what the exact benefits of Launcher are other than the simple things I like, different icons, the vertical listing of applications

Slept for 7 hours...woke up. an app I had downloaded on Launcher did not appear on TWZ, I went to Launcher...low and behold, smooth sailing.

The only thing I can say, now correct me. Like I said above, I tried FOR THE SECOND time. to use that piece of crap to use that Yahoo APP. It sucks. It turns out that using the bookmark is the best. better than that AND maildroid

So what do you think...can apps do that to it

Lastly, I was having a problem using "set as default" Am I expecting something from it it does not do
-what is it used for, again, I forget
-I thought it woudl be used to...set a number as default, go into speed dial app for example, hit the name, and it would put the default number in.

Nope..didnt help me in that respect LOL. I had to actually delete one number , put the name in so it put the number in I wanted, then go back, edit the contact, put the number back in that I deleted.

1.. What exactly is "set as default" used for
2. Was there an easier way to get the number into speed dial if it kept putting the wrong number of 2 into the speed dial location

Again, I try to be as clear as I can.. My mind races at time and I am not the best typist.

thank you. IFYOU CAN NOT READ OR UNDERSTAND, SIMPLY BYPASS I TELL A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO HELP ME THAT

PhxBlue

Super Geek
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
HTC uses its own UI overlay called Sense. It sits on top of stock Android and integrates itsself into Androids stock system.

The problems you had with Launcher Pro is news to me, ive not seen that problem with mine. I know that some of the settings within launcher pro warn you that using them can cause instability as they are really experimental settings only. Are you using a bunch of those?

I'm not sure what it is you are speaking of regarding "set as default". Is that something within the dialer that you're talking about? Or is it elsewhere within the UI?

If you are having lots of problems I'd recommend giving "ADW.Launcher" a try, its free in the market and is similar in scope to Launcher pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii