Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions: Updated 2/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
what do you all think of the new and improved touchwiz? They have cleaned it up and made it look slick imo, not that i prefer it over stock android. At least now it's not as painful to look at.

I would use it instead of Go Launcher but it still does not give me the ability to make folders in the app drawer. Go Launcher does and this is a great feature. Go also allows me to "Hide" apps I don't want to see on my screens.

Naris

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
im up and running and debloated. this is a deodexed rom. thats super nice.

hey, what is a "froyo" anyway? is that actually a word?

Froyo = Frozen Yogurt.

Since I had voodoo I had to disable the lagfix but decided to just wipe back to stock and make a clean start on this ROM. Hope I don't mess anything up.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I changed in the sound options, to vibrant unless silenced, but sometimes you want vibrate and not silence...

From the Volume switch/rocker, there used to be an option to place the phone into Silence and another to place it in Vibrate. This is now gone.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just went into the Market and it is a new version for Froyo. I also noticed that some of my apps needed to be updated so I assume this is b/c I am now on 2.2.1.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I think I may jump in. Obviously I will need to do a full back up in CWR (better safe than sorry) but, do I need to do a full data wipe before I flash or will wiping cache and dalvik cache suffice? Thanks!

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Can this leaked "bloated verizon version" of Froyo be considered as a sign of hope that the Fascinate will get an OTA at some point?

Or is this just Verizon/Samsung's way of making all the people (who have the stones to flash their phones) happy, and let all the other people (who don't know well enough, or have a fear of flashing) live with what they have?

Just a newb trying to make heads or tails out of the whole thing.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Can this leaked "bloated verizon version" of Froyo be considered as a sign of hope that the Fascinate will get an OTA at some point?

Or is this just Verizon/Samsung's way of making all the people (who have the stones to flash their phones) happy, and let all the other people (who don't know well enough, or have a fear of flashing) live with what they have?

Just a newb trying to make heads or tails out of the whole thing.

it WILL be an ota.....someday. But WILL be an ota.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
If any one is woundering the audio port on the car dock is working. when you plug it in car mode will start up and you will have to hit the button that looks like a phone with waves on the side of it and.......music will now come thru the cars speakers and there is no audio popping...

mib12890

Nov 18, 2010
twitter.com
how can i make a backup cant get into recovery do i have to do cwm again

This needs to be added in the first post. There is a new CWM for froyo here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11670464/new_cwm.zip.

You lose your current 2.1 CWM when you flash the froyo rom. In order to keep CWM (while on froyo) you need to do this:

When you're on DL09 and in CWM, wipe like regular, install the froyo rom, BUT STOP DON'T REBOOT YET. flash the NEW FROYO new_cwm.zip listed above, then reboot and you will have CWM with froyo.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
About to boot up now, I'll post my results here shortly.

On a side note, I hate how long the Verizon splash screen stays up right after an update. It always makes me nervous :p

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
This needs to be added in the first post. There is a new CWM for froyo here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11670464/new_cwm.zip.

You lose your current 2.1 CWM when you flash the froyo rom. In order to keep CWM (while on froyo) you need to do this:

When you're on DL09 and in CWM, wipe like regular, install the froyo rom, BUT STOP DON'T REBOOT YET. flash the NEW FROYO new_cwm.zip listed above, then reboot and you will have CWM with froyo.

so do i need to go back to dl09 then or can i do this while in froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.