Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions: Updated 2/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Why do you need update DL09 to do the update to Fyoyo?? I have 2.1 update-1 . Wouldn't take DL09!! Got to the first step and couldn't get past the first blue screen sdcard:update:zip..........why???

Thanks,

Tom

Hello Tom and welcome to the Android Central forums. You don't need to update to DL09 to update to Froyo. And I might be mistaken but I though 2.1 update 1 was DL09. Hit the menu soft key and go settings=>about phone and tell me what it says under both baseband and build. If you want to go straight to Froyo you can use one of DroidXcon's all-in-one ODIN packages here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-04-a.html
You will be rooted, have clockwork mod, and get Froyo all in a few easy steps. What are you doing when you say you can't get past the blue stock recovery screen? Are you hitting the volume down button to highlight apply sdcard:update.zip then hitting the home soft key? If not that is how you get past that page. If you are doing that and not getting past the screen it means you either don't have the update.zip file installed, or it is in the wrong place.

mrxkills

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the original update.zip that can be used with the OEM samsung recovery im getting an e:failed signature, I dont want to install CWM at the moment i just need the original update.zip

painfullboat

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
two questions: how to check if your phone is on dlo9 and if our phone is alredy rooted (i dont have odin or voodoo because i just rooted like an hour ago and i dont know what it is and much less how to get it) can you still install the update?
Oh and i lied a third question: how do you back up your files?

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
First off, start by reading the beginners thread. DL30 is an abandoned build at this point. EB01 is the current base mostly everyone is using, and EC10 is source code for the fascinates identical twin on US Cellular. Read the stickys and skip DL30. It had some issues.

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had zero issues with DL30 except that stupid tethering spy issue. I did update to 2.9.2 just because........ Well, I don't know why. I just felt a change was in order and GunnerMike was making fun of me.

Reactions: spencer0279

fluffeemuffins

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Some disfunctions

i figured it out i i ****ING LOVE THIS.
however,

my home button doesn't work, in browser, market, etc...

and also when i hit menu from home screen the 6-colum menu doesnt come up. wallpaper, settings, notification bar, etc... any help?

fluffeemuffins

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
also, idk why but everything web-related is EXTREMELY SLOW. browser, Youtube takes 5 minutes to load a video, and market often says retry error. im telling you its sooooooooo slow. whats wrong anyone else experiancing this?

muzikjunkie14

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Root Before Froyo?

Oddly, I just got my Fascinate yesterday.

I'm looking to get Froyo on here as soon as possible. Is it necessary to Root the phone first before installing Froyo, or are they two separate processes?

Go easy on me, I'm new to the android world. Thanks!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Oddly, I just got my Fascinate yesterday.

I'm looking to get Froyo on here as soon as possible. Is it necessary to Root the phone first before installing Froyo, or are they two separate processes?

Go easy on me, I'm new to the android world. Thanks!

Welcome to Android Central. You have two choices. You can root first, then upgrade to Froyo, or you can do it all in one shot with DroidXcon's all-in-one ODIN packages.

freedom5669

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, but will this process still allow OTA updates? In other words if I were to root my phone following these instructions, would I then have to reset it to receive Verizon's bloatware version of 2.2.?

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:
Reactions: freedom5669
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201