Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions: Updated 2/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
FYI re: a New CWM on XDA for DL30

FYI: there is a new post on XDA referencing a "new CWM" that you apparently "need" in order to flash the Froyo DL30 ROM. However, it appears from posts on this thread people are successfully flashing with old CWM.

XDA Post: HOW TO: Install DL30 (aka Froyo) - xda-developers

Post has DL30 file, new CWM file and instructions for flashing.

Quote from post re: new CWM:
New CWM works with the new kernel .32 as the old one didn't. Blame Verizon. Thank punkkaos and jt.

Still downloading DL30 (what the hell, i'll be bloated again - feedback seems purty positive so far) so I haven't used this new CWM yet. Will try later and post results here.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI: there is a new post on XDA referencing a "new CWM" that you apparently "need" in order to flash the Froyo DL30 ROM. However, it appears from posts on this thread people are successfully flashing with old CWM.

XDA Post: HOW TO: Install DL30 (aka Froyo) - xda-developers

Post has DL30 file, new CWM file and instructions for flashing.

Quote from post re: new CWM:

Still downloading DL30 (what the hell, i'll be bloated again - feedback seems purty positive so far) so I haven't used this new CWM yet. Will try later and post results here.

its not very bloated at all. there is still some stupid crap but not much. no odex files. the fine gentlemen deodexed it for us. :) it runs great so far. Your still downloading? what are you on dial up?

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if my question got lost in the fray or if no one really knows. Is it necessary to do a full data wipe or will a cache and dalvik cache wipe be good enough? Thanks!

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
its not very bloated at all. there is still some stupid crap but not much. no odex files. the fine gentlemen deodexed it for us. :) it runs great so far. Your still downloading? what are you on dial up?

hehehe, no smartarse, im at work and the network isnt always the fastest during the day. Secondly, there's only 50 bazillion other FASN8ERS dl'in the bajeezus outta that server right now! :p

EDIT: picked another server and it's flying down now. if anyone else is getting slow dl speeds try snaggin DL30 from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18199645/DL30.zip

Last edited:

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Phone and app settings don't appear to be saving. If I reboot, everything is back to stock. Going to start from scratch again.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by JeremytheIndian
I'm not sure if my question got lost in the fray or if no one really knows. Is it necessary to do a full data wipe or will a cache and dalvik cache wipe be good enough? Thanks!

I did, but I don't believe it's required.

based on what i've read there are many experienced folks who don't bother. i believe the reason for doing so is to reduce the risk of experiencing some app force closes. case in point, some people have reported getting some Touch Wiz FC's but that apparently can be resolved by clearing the data in Manage Applications.

so is it REQUIRED? I would say no. Is it RECOMMENDED? For a happier less-FC experience, I would say yes. But its really up to the user and how much FC angst you can tolerate.

The above is my two cents. Read at your own will. I am not responsible for what you do to your phone or anything that happens afterwards. EVER. In fact, I am not responsible. Period.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
The above is my two cents. Read at your own will. I am not responsible for what you do to your phone or anything that happens afterwards. EVER. In fact, I am not responsible. Period.

So if I get a FC and throw my phone out a window you wont buy me a new one? Jerk.

Thanks man!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej