Left Sprint and joined At&t

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I loved AT&T, but I hate tiered DATA plans.

I left AT&T for Sprint and I'm very happy. On Sprint, I have LTE at home, at work and the entire ride in-between. I stream Google Play Music online the entire 30 minute ride to work and the 30 minute ride home from work - hasn't gotten cut off or interrupted yet. I don't have a single music file on my phone - I stream everything off the "clouds".

Sprint's ideal for me. I got nothing against AT&T's quality - it's just those tiered DATA plans that killed it for me. $10 for every GB over your cap - no thanks. $80 a month for unlimited everything is good for me.

Where do you live? I wish I had your luck with Sprint. My phone service is good....no problems there. Its the data service thats abysmal for me. Spotty 4G and when I have 3G, its unbearably slow. I live in NYC. I'm currently contemplating leaving them but not looking forward in paying higher rates either.

Fulifu

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm right behind you. With Sprint for 12+ years, the last 2 have been real bad. Live in Overland Park area, Spirnt's home town and service is not even good enough to say it sucks. I was kicked out of the Sprint Community Forums for complaining too much and mocking the Sprintcare (Oxymoron) reps, please give me you're zip code and nearest cross streets, I'm so sorry to hear about your problems ... towers are being upgraded etc etc etc. I will be getting a Galaxy S4 on Wednesday and will be activating it on AT&T ... Can't wait! At home, and about a .5 mile radius I was luck to get .35MB down and .15 MB up I could to 2 miles away and get 6MB !!! From reading the Sprint Community forums there are a large number of people ready to pay the ETF and walk.

Fulifu

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I loved AT&T, but I hate tiered DATA plans.

I left AT&T for Sprint and I'm very happy. On Sprint, I have LTE at home, at work and the entire ride in-between. I stream Google Play Music online the entire 30 minute ride to work and the 30 minute ride home from work - hasn't gotten cut off or interrupted yet. I don't have a single music file on my phone - I stream everything off the "clouds".

Sprint's ideal for me. I got nothing against AT&T's quality - it's just those tiered DATA plans that killed it for me. $10 for every GB over your cap - no thanks. $80 a month for unlimited everything is good for me.

Good luck wish you the best. What are are you using the phone in? I'm in the Kansas City metro and most of the time Sprint service is real bad, there are a few "good areas" where you actually can get 4G bit very very very few

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Tmobile all the way and I have an awesome rep can help you in South Florida if interested

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I have 5 lines with Sprint, and rolling with them since 3/99. In my area, Sprint is just garbge when it comes to the data department. Verizon, at&t, and T-Mobile have top notch data coverage, and so are the speeds. I want to go GSM, but need to do some homework for now.

Lets see which way my 5 lines head...

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I presume we can see it only when making a phone call. When the S5 is not on the telephone, I don't see it. However, it does make and receive calls.

I have bluetooth enabled and it trumps LTE if it is able to function. I presume, when bluetooth is handling communications, then LTE is totally off.

No you see the LTE when you are getting LTE, if you are off wifi and you are in a LTE area, it will say LTE.

Also, using bluetooth doesn't interfere with LTE at all. When I am on my roofdeck, I am streaming music to my Flip via Bluetooth and I still see my LTE connection and I am usually getting around 20-25 mbps

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Sprint asked me to leave due to excessive roaming and waived etf's on 3 devices on my account for free. Now with att and have not been happier.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I seriously doubt Sprint asked you to leave.

No they do that... If you roam alot they will basically tell you that you have 30 days to find another carrier or they'll drop your lines.. And they waive the ETF fee since they are the ones kicking you off so you aren't voiding contract.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
No they do that... If you roam alot they will basically tell you that you have 30 days to find another carrier or they'll drop your lines.. And they waive the ETF fee since they are the ones kicking you off so you aren't voiding contract.

Wow....that's so rude.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow....that's so rude.

Kinda.. But you're not supposed to be roaming. If they see you're in a good area.. They assume you're forcing it since most people are to get out of contract ... And it costs them a lot when you roam using data.

If you're not forcing it and truly are in just a bad area they'll still force you off because you simply cost them more than they ever get from you...

So either way it's a lose for Sprint.. They give you that time so you have time to research another carrier and port your numbers.

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Yup that's it I had upgraded 3 phones 2 weeks prior and since I had been in contact with them in the past with no mention of my roaming sprint waived all etf's I asked my wife to send me a copy of the letter since I do think have it saved on my phone anymore

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I left Sprint last month. Been there 3 years and when we left, we had 7 lines. It seemed like if the wind blew the wrong way, we would drop calls, drop to 1 bar of service, or sound so distorted on calls, we couldn't even talk on our phones. They kept saying, we are upgrading towers, blah, blah, blah.... then they decided after 3 years of crappy service, we could be released from our contracts/payment plans. We switched to AT&T and have 4G LTE and 3-5 bars of service. We got on a tier plan for data, no more unlimited, but it is worth the $ for better, more reliable service! Sprint tried to tell us it was our location and we wouldn't be able to get much better service elsewhere, but um, AT&T and Verizon are both 4G at my house, so......

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz