Let's see your Speed Tests!!

chargris

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Recently, home service was not more than 5 Mbps, a local rural service and there aren't many options, but currently trying out a double of that. For mobile, normally anywhere from 5-20Mbps on Public Mobile, a discount variant of Telus (the plan is basically advertised as "on LTE or 4G at greater than 3G speeds" or something like that. It used to be advertised as "un-used discounted 3G" or something like that, but the phone always seemed to be on 4G or LTE. To be honest, I think sometimes I seem to almost get as good as anyone else on "normal Telus", just not paying that much. The mobile is fine as it is as I am not a heavy mobile user. Remarkably, a house full of us have also been able to limp through rather ok on the home service at 5Mbps, including video/audio streaming. If a few of us all try to stream something in HD at the same time or something like that, then we'll notice things bogging down. However, most of the time we do ok. To be additionally honest, I think overall the need for speed is a bit overrated and at least partially a self-fulfilling mechanism that just drives up what we pay and profits.
Yeah public mobile uses telus's lte network but throttles network speeds to 3g smth like that and ik it's usually much faster on telus (according to the speeds we got) and even faster now that we switched to rogers

Sent from my A063 using AC Forums mobile app

Martell545

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
This is on Metro in Chicago.
a41c9636d509b265b45b0468cd1f09ed.jpg

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Until you get 50 yards away 😁
Lol definitely was the case with those Nokia radios. When they made the switch to Samsung I'm getting easily 2-3 blocks down the road. Sometimes even further, it's definitely a noticeable improvement. Still has those mmwave drawbacks though of being blocked easily

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174