LG G3 Anyone bailing for the Nexus 6?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^I'm strongly inclined to add one to my collection. It depends on what the camera performance is.

Posted via the Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No, already have a Nexus7......and I think it's smaller LOL

Well the Nexus 6 pre-order started today and was sold out in less time it takes to boil an egg.
No biggie for me. I plan on getting one on Easy Pay from Sprint on the day it is released.
Blue, 32GB is my plan.

Anyone else gonna move to the N6?

Mav. :cool:

TJWINS

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I would love to have a flagship Nexus with stock Android but I won't pay more to lose the better camera, removable battery, and expandable storage and similar specs. Motorola hasn't proven they can make a good camera yet and we know the G3 has a killer camera. Also I find the Nexus 6 too large. I used to own a Nokia Lumia 1520 and although I loved the 6" screen I really missed the one handed use so I won't go back that big again. The G3 is perfect especially since I fixed the lag issue. Hopefully next year Google will make 2 Nexus devices like Apple did this year with the iPhone. If a smaller version is released then I will jump on it but I will be a happy G3 user for at least a year :)

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the Nexus 6 is a great phone but I'm going to pass. The G3 is the perfect combination of screen size and portability.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think the Nexus 6 is a great phone but I'm going to pass. The G3 is the perfect combination of screen size and portability.

I'm leaning more and more to this position. Running CloudyG3 1.1, the phone is finally performing the way it should be... smooth UI, quick and snappy (which it wasn't quite doing on any of the native D851 ROMs I've run). So functionally speaking, it's pretty damn near perfect at this point. Screen's a gem, battery has been great.. .camera is stellar. If I WAS to switch, it certainly wouldn't be because of something lacking on the G3.... not now. And with LG committing to rolling out 5.0 within the next 8 weeks or so...

Speaking of that... I had been thinking I'd wait until the N6 got some soak time in the field so people could get some good, in depth reviews out.. Now I think I'll reserve judgement until AFTER LG releases the 5.0 G3 update... which might ultimately only be a couple of weeks after the N6 shows up on shelves. That would rule.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I ended up passing. I think I'll just check out custom ROMs as more are available and just wait on 64-bit devices.

I have my Lumia 1020 to also toy with, will likely swap out my G Watch, and am considering an N9.

Of course, I could change my mind on any given day. :p

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I hate not having an SD card. I definitely don't have a lot of data on my phone, but I like being able to pull it out whenever I need it

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
No nexus 6 here. The G3 is about perfect, but the only thing that really interests me other than the G3 right now is the Droid Turbo. The N6 is going to be just a bit too big, the G3 is my max size for a daily use device.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how people are getting lag with the G3...i have had it from launch and running really smooth... Although I am a Motorola fan at heart so I will be trading this out for the turbo

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand how people are getting lag with the G3...i have had it from launch and running really smooth... Although I am a Motorola fan at heart so I will be trading this out for the turbo

I too have not experienced lag. And with Nova as my launcher, it's even quicker and smoother.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Keeping the G3. I experienced a nexus phone on Verizon once, it was a cluster I'll not soon revisit.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered and will be selling my T-Mo LG G3 when I get it. I had a Sony Z Ultra GPE and sold it for a G3. The Ultra was a bit too big but I still find the G3 too small to do anything useful with. (yes I realize that sounds crazy). Plus the G3 is the slowest phone I've had since my Skyrocket. I have had all Nexus devices since the Nexus 4 though so its just what I am used to. It will be good to be back.

I did love the camera on the G3 though it was the best phone I've had in terms of photography.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered and will be selling my T-Mo LG G3 when I get it. I had a Sony Z Ultra GPE and sold it for a G3. The Ultra was a bit too big but I still find the G3 too small to do anything useful with. (yes I realize that sounds crazy). Plus the G3 is the slowest phone I've had since my Skyrocket. I have had all Nexus devices since the Nexus 4 though so its just what I am used to. It will be good to be back.

I did love the camera on the G3 though it was the best phone I've had in terms of photography.

Enjoy your nexus 6 its looks like a great device.

But with android now 2.2 installed I don't care if you believe it or not but this is instant opening apps returning home wow would be hard pushed to get any faster.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Decided to go look at the Nexus 6 at lunch today, technically speaking.....great googly moogly that's a big phone!
Bigger than both the N4 and iPhone 6....that alone rules it out for me.
Now for the positive:
Very nice looking phone with a solid feel and build. Really like the curves and the use of metal around the phone.
It feels very solid (but wide).
The screen was brilliant and sharp, very similar to the N4.
I was really impressed with the speed of the camera and the quality of the pics. I don't think people will be complaining about this Nexus camera....I take that back, people will always complain.
The soft touch back is nice but I still like the back of the Nexus 5 better. It has the dimple like the MotoX....not really sure why people make a big deal about this, it's just a dent in the back. The front glass curves in at the bezels like the N4 but with no indication of a gap (have now seen several N4's with unsightly gaps around the phone). If it were the same dimensions as the G3 I would seriously consider getting one.
I had a moment where I think I was trying to convince myself that I could live with the size so I asked the T-Mobile guy if they had one that wasn't tethered to that ridiculous security cable, etc. He smiled and let me use his....I tried to put it in my pocket (Levis), I struggled but I managed, now I looked like I was really happy to see everyone.
Taking it out was even more laborious and silly.....no go for me. Oh well, just need to wait and see what's next.

I was most impressed with the how "zippy" the phone was in screen and program transition.

ToddUGA

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I wanted a Nexus 6 until I saw how big it was. So I ordered a G3 to replace my Nexus 5. Couldn't pass up getting it for $.01 on Amazon (did have to sign up for a new two year contract). Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a Nexus 6 until I saw how big it was. So I ordered a G3 to replace my Nexus 5. Couldn't pass up getting it for $.01 on Amazon (did have to sign up for a new two year contract). Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

I got the Amazon deal too...

Unfortunately, it died after not even a week! http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/463902-my-lg-g3-brick.html

Getting a replacement in the next day or two. A bit frustrating and annoying since now I'll have to go through setting it up just right all over again, but at least I didn't have months of data in it that I'm losing.

Honestly, I don't know how folks here can throw money around like this, quitting one phone after a few months to go spend $700 on a new one. Do people really go spending a thousand (or more) dollars every year just getting new phones? Must be nice having money to burn like that!