LG G3: How to reset Badge Notification on default SMS Messaging app?

A

AC Question

Even though I have read every text message I have, my SMS Messaging App (default) shows a single badge notification. This started when I received an MMS group text message that downloaded but never showed up again. I deleted the group to no avail.

I tried restarting my phone multiple times, texting myself (to make badge notification more that 1), and deleting texts.

Other posts I've found online suggest going to Settings > App Manager > All > BadgeProvider and resetting that. The problem is that the LG G3 does not have a BadgeProvider app.

Other posts online have suggested using Nova Launcher, or some other third party launcher. My answer is a simple "no." I shouldn't need a third party app to have a properly working phone.

Any suggestions other that the two listed is greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try also going to Settings>Apps>All, select Messaging, and Clear Cache. If that doesn't work, you could also try selecting the Launcher (not sure what LG's is called) and Clear Cache/Clear Data. The downside here is that it wipes your homescreens clean, so you have to set them up again.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I will add to Mr Diddy's reply that you can backup you Home Screens (and your entire phone for that matter) in the LG Backup, buried in the Settings, Backup & Reset, LG Backup is listed. Should be self explanatory after that. It can back up to your SD Card. Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I will add to Mr Diddy's reply that you can backup you Home Screens (and your entire phone for that matter) in the LG Backup, buried in the Settings, Backup & Reset, LG Backup is listed. Should be self explanatory after that. It can back up to your SD Card. Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

Excellent advice!