LG G3 spec and poster revealed

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG's official poster spotted

I've carried a note 3 in my pocket since October and it's not a problem at all.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah, my flex fits in my pocket, even with an ottorbox on it! G3 sounds like an awesome phone, but sadly no one will know about it unless they change their marketing!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX........LIFE IS GOOD✌

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I would not feel comfortable spending $649.99 + Tax for the Snapdragon 801 / Adreno 330 knowing Samsung's (and most likely HTC's Prime Line of products will ship with the Snapdragon 805 and Adreno's new 420 GPu. Not to mention Qualcomm's 64 bit 808's / 810's going into production late this year and will most likely show up in Google's new Silver Line of Smartphones early 2015.. unless one just has a need.. it's a good time to wait.. The G3 is looking like a "Tweener" to me.. Late enough to have the 1440P Quad-HD screen.. but too early to have the Snapdragon 805 / Adreno 420 CPu / GPu. And that's too bad for LG..
They just need to release an 805 / 420 "Prime" in the early fall to compete with Samsung and HTC.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I would not feel comfortable spending $649.99 + Tax for the Snapdragon 801 / Adreno 330 knowing Samsung's (and most likely HTC's Prime Line of products will ship with the Snapdragon 805 and Adreno's new 420 GPu. Not to mention Qualcomm's 64 bit 808's / 810's going into production late this year and will most likely show up in Google's new Silver Line of Smartphones early 2015.. unless one just has a need.. it's a good time to wait.. The G3 is looking like a "Tweener" to me.. Late enough to have the 1440P Quad-HD screen.. but too early to have the Snapdragon 805 / Adreno 420 CPu / GPu. And that's too bad for LG..
They just need to release an 805 / 420 "Prime" in the early fall to compete with Samsung and HTC.

Always something new to look forward to and not buy want to buy the next thing that comes out... Lol.

Posted via Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, my flex fits in my pocket, even with an ottorbox on it! G3 sounds like an awesome phone, but sadly no one will know about it unless they change their marketing!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX........LIFE IS GOOD✌

I like the low profile of LG greatness. I think they sell enough in Korea to stay afloat for a long time lol

Posted via Android Central App

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

It's still rumors that they will release a prime edition... Nothing is set in stone ...I would bet against it Samsung already has 2 flagships .... the note is the most important to them in the fall

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Well.. I was speaking for myself.. if the G3 moves you.. go for it.
I just think it's a Tweener.. and I know Samsung and HTC will exploit that in their advertisement.. even though 801's can bin up to 2.5Ghz, 805's will do it naturally not to mention the merits of having the fresh Adreno 420 GPu vs the 2013ish Adreno 330.. but if looks are all your after then the G3 will make you happy.. I'm in no rush to throw my money at ANYTHING on day 1.. Look at how pissed off early S5 adaptors are going to be if indeed Samsung releases the S5 Prime with it's superior screen and superior specs next month as rumored.. No, it's a time to let things unfold.. $700.00 is too much to spend and then go "Huh! a Prime model!! " I [inappropriate language removed by moderators] bought too soon !

Last edited by a moderator:

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

This is a Korean model after all, things changed from the Korean G2 and the US G2 so who is to say that the verison will get here will have the same specs as this one.

Either way I'm wait for the G4 (if they make one of course), keeping my G2 for now, nothing at all wrong with it and it's less then a year old.

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

I'd be willing to bet the moto probably is 720p again.

Also, I'm sure the lg manufacturers know what they are doing

I am OK with 720. If the X+1 goes to a 5" screen I would like 1080, but I REALLY don't need 1440.

Maybe the NA G3 will be different, but with 1440 resolution the G3 should have an 805.

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
S801 and 2k display would be worse for gaming than a g2

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quoted for truth!

If you want proof go and read the AnandTech preiview Article of the 805. From the article the 805 vs the 801:
Adreno 420 is a must have if you want to drive a higher resolution display at the same performance as an Adreno 330/1080p display combination. With OEMs contemplating moving to higher-than-1080p resolution screens in the near term, leveraging Snapdragon 805 may make sense there.

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Quoted for truth!

If you want proof go and read the AnandTech preiview Article of the 805. From the article the 805 vs the 801:

But until someone has it in there hands and runs some benchmarks it's still just .... Words and no one outside of lg knows how it will perform yet .... give it time no need to argue.... Yes I would love for it to have the 805 but we don't even know for sure it won't until the 27 th

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I am OK with 720. If the X+1 goes to a 5" screen I would like 1080, but I REALLY don't need 1440.

Maybe the NA G3 will be different, but with 1440 resolution the G3 should have an 805.

Again, I am sure the manufacturer knows what it's doing, let's wait till it comes out to judge

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Quoted for truth!

Exactly my point.
Definitely not a buy for me if it has Snapdragon 801 with 2k resolution.
Even if it has 1080p with S801 I did give it a thought but S805 would be best of course :)
I care about gaming so I did get S5 M8 or Z2 instead.
2k on that soc will make it suffer.

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
But until someone has it in there hands and runs some benchmarks it's still just .... Words and no one outside of lg knows how it will perform yet .... give it time no need to argue.... Yes I would love for it to have the 805 but we don't even know for sure it won't until the 27 th

Obviously no one has LGs flagship, but looking at the numbers in the article (testing a real 805), IDK how they would even keep up with S5 or M8. Think about it logically. You have the exact same hardware pushing more pixels, all other things being equal it will be slower. Now hopefully all the things won't be equal, and LG pulls a rabbit out of their hat. I for one really hope they do, but given what we know, it looks unlikely.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

LG hasn't impressed me in years, their devices have always struck me as the also-ran for their korean rival samsung because they share such similar qualities on the software side. I'll likely be getting the Xperia Z3 since the Z2 was so awesome this year. I am getting the itch to totally switch platforms lately though so who knows

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Well.. I was speaking for myself.. if the G3 moves you.. go for it.
I just think it's a Tweener.. and I know Samsung and HTC will exploit that in their advertisement.. even though 801's can bin up to 2.5Ghz, 805's will do it naturally not to mention the merits of having the fresh Adreno 420 GPu vs the 2013ish Adreno 330.. but if looks are all your after then the G3 will make you happy.. I'm in no rush to throw my money at ANYTHING on day 1.. Look at how pissed off early S5 adaptors are going to be if indeed Samsung releases the S5 Prime with it's superior screen and superior specs next month as rumored.. No, it's a time to let things unfold.. $700.00 is too much to spend and then go "Huh! a Prime model!! " I _____ed up and bought too soon !

I understand, but this would also go for the "don't buy the new handset with the 805 because the 809/810 is coming in January!"

It never ends :(