LG G3 spec and poster revealed

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Lots of fanboys to stir the pot. The device isn't even in their hands and they will tell you its no good.

Posted via Android Central App

And lots of fan boys are blind, not ready to accept the fact that a resolution increase will effect gaming performance.

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I understand that but can't you at least wait til you try it before you total dismiss it?

There's no total dismissal from my side but as a gamer its not for me (as I said before,something magical won't happen with it's performance,falls behind this year's and last year's flagships), I am not stopping any one from buying G3 (or want to ).
Its just not for gamers or I think in general is overpriced (G2 is absolutely worth the buck given its specs,price,performance.)
After looking at GSM arena's display analysis (its behind G2 in most aspects ) it loses its biggest selling point.

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Have to remember the G2 had the newest specs last year. That is what happens when you release in late summer / fall. This time LG wanted to hurry up and join the a crowd. Maybe like htc/Samsung well see g3 prime but I doubt it. The only thing the g3 will lack is 805 soc.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
There's no total dismissal from my side but as a gamer its not for me (as I said before,something magical won't happen with it's performance,falls behind this year's and last year's flagships), I am not stopping any one from buying G3 (or want to ).
Its just not for gamers or I think in general is overpriced (G2 is absolutely worth the buck given its specs,price,performance.)
After looking at GSM arena's display analysis (its behind G2 in most aspects ) it loses its biggest selling point.

I guess that's why I will get the g3 because I use my i7 Asus xbox one and ps4 to do real gaming

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading up a lot of on the G3 and it's performance. The QHD display along with that chip does have me concerned. I have been serious contemplating saving tons of money and just picking up a G2. I don't know...decisions decisions.

DocToxyn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading up a lot of on the G3 and it's performance. The QHD display along with that chip does have me concerned. I have been serious contemplating saving tons of money and just picking up a G2. I don't know...decisions decisions.

I'm no expert in interpreting let alone running benchmarking but I've consistently seen those that do state that they are testing early-release builds and using benchmark programs that aren't meant for QHD-equipped phones. Maybe they are just making excuses or maybe it's real.

If I was really conflicted about getting this phone for gaming or other uses where it supposedly is less than optimal, then just wait until the phone is in your hand and you can make the assessment yourself.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea I'll just have to play with one in store, if they ever get any here in the states lol. The one thing I like about the g3 though is the removable battery. And that's the only negative thing about the g2.

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Yea I'll just have to play with one in store, if they ever get any here in the states lol. The one thing I like about the g3 though is the removable battery. And that's the only negative thing about the g2.

No expandable sd on g2 also ....

lseddelm

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Until they disclose their test script and how much is with the gpu being used, I would be skeptical on that test. Larger, far higher res display.... Not adding up. Best do test yourself. :)

If they run the same test on all the devices it is a good comparison at the very least.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If they run the same test on all the devices it is a good comparison at the very least.

Even so if they didn't have the same OS and the same brightness, the result could be distorted and favor one over the other. For example, testing them all at 100% brightness could favor G3 as its max brightness is quite lower than other LCD phones. Also G2 in their list was obviously tested long time ago with JB. GSMarena reported its battery improved a lot with KK and G2 beats G3 on browsing, video time in their battery rating.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Lots of fanboys to stir the pot. The device isn't even in their hands and they will tell you its no good.
You Don't Believe The Reviews???
Then YOU are the one that cannot except the facts... It LAGS with the 801 / 330.. Case Closed.. What is so hard to understand...??? Are YOUR feelings hurt because it's not the phone YOU thought it was going to be???
I just state the FACTS.. I don't need to wait until it comes out... It has already failed in the reviewer's hands and is SLOWER than a G2! and VISIBLY looks slower playing the same games compared to the S5.. Too Much Screen.. Not Enough Power to push it. By all means spend your $700.00+ Tax and Circle case and screen protector and enjoy your G3.. who is telling you not to buy it? Or are you questioning the facts.. and that's why YOU are so defensive.. it lags facts are facts.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Welp, that settles it... Guess everybody here should just fully avoid the G3.

I know my words are powerful.. so Thank You.
But NO! Buy all means if you can live with the fact that the 2014 G3 is slower than the 2013 G2.. and you can live with the fact that all reviewer's mention the lag that comes with the underpowered 801 chipset.. Man.. Throw your $810.00+/- at the salesperson get your phone, circle case, screen protector and walk out a happy soul.. I admire that kind of loyalty to what is obviously a not so well thought out product.. Enjoy Your G3 ! or is it G1.9 ? since it's slower than the G2..? :)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes there is. And easier to handle between devices. SD card slot and removable batteries have no place on 2014 devices.
No expandable sd on g2 also ....

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I know my words are powerful.. so Thank You.
But NO! Buy all means if you can live with the fact that the 2014 G3 is slower than the 2013 G2.. and you can live with the fact that all reviewer's mention the lag that comes with the underpowered 801 chipset.. Man.. Throw your $810.00+/- at the salesperson get your phone, circle case, screen protector and walk out a happy soul.. I admire that kind of loyalty to what is obviously a not so well thought out product.. Enjoy Your G3 ! or is it G1.9 ? since it's slower than the G2..? :)

Droid life review doesn't seem to reflect that at all. Their bench marks reflect a faster phone than the G2 also faster than the G5 and M8. But as I said earlier I will wait to phone is actually released then make decision on whether this phone is for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss