LG G3 Will not turn on or charge

A

AC Question

This phone is basically brand new, I bought it maybe a week ago, and already I can't turn it on. I woke up and checked it,saw that it had a good amount of battery, fell asleep, and found it like this.

Has anyone else encountered this with the G3? Holding the power button doesn't work and neither does taking out the battery.

It hasn't been damaged ever, so I'm really very confused as to what I should do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I went over to a mates house and fell asleep. When i woke up it wouldnt turn back on which i assumed meant it was out of battery.
But when i got back home and plugged it into the charger it did nothing. So i put in a spare battery (i have 3 batterys due to this happening multiple times) and it still wouldnt work.
I have tried taking out the battery for long periods of time and putting it back in, putting in a different one, taking out the micro Sim card but still nothing happens. I really need to get this sorted out quickly because i am going out travelling tomorrow and really need my phone to contact others and sort out trains :S
This started happening 3 days ago and still isnt working :S

See response in your other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/691057-why-wont-my-lg-g3-turn-do-anything.html#post5229049

jay1108

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Please help. My LG G3 switched off past night due to a low battery but now refuses to switch back on. There's no LED when charging and I tested the battery in another device and it works fine. I tried :

taking off the battery,
then plug the phone without the battery,
screen should light up,
now put it the battery,

But when I put in the battery it switches off again. Please help. I need to switch it on for just 5mins to save my important documents at least.

Thanks

Mystery_Reader

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
the same thing has happened to me. I have had this phone for over a year and it was working fine earlier. i plugged it in to charge while i took a nap and woke up to it in the same condition! i cant even back it up on my computer now!:(

Dan reacher

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi yes I've got the same issue my phone was fine then all of a sudden it just started to restart it self and then shut off the led is flashing blue and green and when i plugs it in the the charger it allows me to start up for a few seconds and then turns off very frustrating.

3Ddude101

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Had same problem. Battery trick worked for me.

I've had my phone for about 7 months. Was working normally then I was charging it and the charging kept going off and on until it died. Then it wouldn't charge at all. I tried turning on the phone, different charger, different cable, nothing worked, it was completely lifeless like the battery was dead flat, but it wouldn't charge. Looked up the problem here and a lot of people said remove the battery and wait a few minutes then replace it. They also said plug in the charger with the battery out and that should light up the phone. It didn't do anything when I tried that with the battery out. I thought Uh Oh it's not gonna work for me. But I replaced the battery and pushed the ON button and the phone fired right up! When it came on the battery was 100% charged! I'm still worried bcuz one guy said he did that and a week later it died again and wouldn't come back on the second time. If that happens I'll update.

MrLushie

Feb 5, 2019
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. One day i had 60% battery and while using torch at work it just went off. Thereafter i managed to start it once more for half a minute then it went off. Now and then i can get a red light. Another battery did not solve anything.

It fires up to no battery present when battery is out.

I believe it is an LG fault on the G3. However it has made me extremely nervous to purchase another LG. They great phones but truely unreliable.

My G2 failed with sound mechanisms just prior.

A part of me beleives that it is a guaranteed chip failure in order to force people to upgrade.