LG G3 Wireless Qi charging

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Which ebay sticker? Without a link to the exact product, all anyone can do is guess. But the Korean version of the phone has the charging contacts positioned differently than the U.S. version, so that could be the reason. Post a link and I'll be happy to take a look and see if that actually is the reason.

The European version should come with a Qi coil built in, and should work fine with your Nexus charger.

The AT&T version is incompatible with Qi, but compatible with the PMA wireless charging standard, which include Powermat devices. But the charging coils are different, so you'd need to get a PMA compatible back or sticker, not the Qi version.

So just to confirm the Stock Nokia Charger I have (DT-900) will not work in any way possible with a US ATT G3? I need to switch over to PMA for sure?

JmpnJeronimo

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Wow... that's really not cool!! I was hopeful about being able to just add to the current Qi charger I already had. Oh well... Sidenote: My phone just updated today but NOT to 4.4.4 like I was thinking it would be. Is that what ATT is supposed to have currently in the US?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
AT&T is a partner in the PMA alliance, so of course they're going to push that tech, even if it's a losing battle.

I don't think any G3's have been updated to 4.4.4. LG seems to be going from 4.4.2 direct to 5.0.

Tobyus

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Do they sell any other kind of case with the PMA charging? I want to add it, but do not want a flip case.
Thanks

Search for this on Amazon: LG G3 PMA + NFC Wireless Charging Sticker Chip for AT&T (D850) Rogers Bell (D852)

I am looking at buying one myself...

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
So I just wanted to add to the thread since wireless charging was a key feature I wanted in a phone and I was excited to see that the G3 supported it in the US/Verizon, but not out of the box.

I ordered a replacement sticker that had NFC and Qi off of Amazon for like $8 a couple of days ago. I got it last night. As a previous user mentioned it was a bit of a pain to get the original NFC ONLY sticker off, but it wasnt that big of a deal. Installing the new sticker took a bit of patience since i apparently have shaky hands, but I got it on there. Set it on my Nokia DT900 charger at work this morning and it started charging! Awesome! This phone is now everything I wanted and I'm very pleased.

TL;DR:

Ordered Qi/NFC sticker on Amazon and it works on Verizon G3.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
A lot of information in here and I'm still not sure if i can get a back for my sprint lgg3. I would love to use the tylk charger looks awesome

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Take the back cover off your phone and look at the upper left area. Are there 4 little gold prongs there? If so, the top two are for NFC and the bottom two are for wireless charging.Get a sticker or back cover that has 4 contacts on the back and you should be good to go bcbbanga4l

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
ohhh ok cool thanks yeah just checked theres two a small space and then two ok cool going to start looking for backs and wireless options. Thank you:)

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone aware if swapping the sticker causes any warranty issues? Just got the Verizon blue steel version from Best Buy and didn't realize it wasn't supported out of the box. My bad, but since I dont see anyone making a blue back with the Qi prongs added I would consider the sticker but don't really want to void my warranty. I can still return the blue and get a different color and get the back off the Internet.

Posted via the Android Central App

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, true. You just know how some will find a way to not have to cover a product by saying it wasn't our sticker or our case so we won't fix your overheating phone...since it does involve an internal issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I was searching and found an interesting combination. A wireless back and wireless powerbank lol which could also charge non wireless devices with a plug
I would def love this

Ansovald

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
OK I plan on getting a wireless charging back for my G3 how in the world to I know if my G3 is PMA or Qi? Do i find the info in settings or what? the whole thing makes my head hurt. and my carrier is MTS ( manitoba telecom service) and any help will be welcomed.

Peaceful Warrior

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a Verizon LG G3 and am finding myself quite puzzled. I have purchased several circle cases with wireless Qi charging and initially had 100% success with them. However I noticed that even a minor drop usually chipped the case so I purchased a few more. This time when the cases came I noticed that putting the new cases on my phone made wireless charging no longer functional. I could put my old (chipped) case back on and everything worked fine.

I have multiple wireless charging stations and all are behaving the same way (I know about the amperage issue and made sure my transformers all have plenty of power). I'm attaching a photo of the two cases that I am currently playing with. The black one on the left doesn't work and I have another black Choetech case that also does not work (even though it has the 4 connectors) meanwhile the blue case works every time on all of my chargers... I'm beginning to suspect a pin alignment issue (and need to get myself a dry erase marker) but I'm wondering whether anyone else has seen this. Interestingly the Yootech case seems to have larger contacts but still doesn't want to work with my phone...

Thank you 0121151058_resized.jpg

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I was having an issue with one receiver not aligning so I loosely taped it to the phone first then put the back on, worked like a charm.

I have a Verizon LG G3 and am finding myself quite puzzled. I have purchased several circle cases with wireless Qi charging and initially had 100% success with them. However I noticed that even a minor drop usually chipped the case so I purchased a few more. This time when the cases came I noticed that putting the new cases on my phone made wireless charging no longer functional. I could put my old (chipped) case back on and everything worked fine.

I have multiple wireless charging stations and all are behaving the same way (I know about the amperage issue and made sure my transformers all have plenty of power). I'm attaching a photo of the two cases that I am currently playing with. The black one on the left doesn't work and I have another black Choetech case that also does not work (even though it has the 4 connectors) meanwhile the blue case works every time on all of my chargers... I'm beginning to suspect a pin alignment issue (and need to get myself a dry erase marker) but I'm wondering whether anyone else has seen this. Interestingly the Yootech case seems to have larger contacts but still doesn't want to work with my phone...

Thank you View attachment 160091

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
OK I plan on getting a wireless charging back for my G3 how in the world to I know if my G3 is PMA or Qi? Do i find the info in settings or what? the whole thing makes my head hurt. and my carrier is MTS ( manitoba telecom service) and any help will be welcomed.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. But if you haven't gotten an answer yet, AT&T is PMA, everything else is Qi compatible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe