LG G4 - added SD card and it fails after a while with SD card removed unexpectedly. What do I do?

thedigitalone

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
LG G4 - added SD card and it fails after a while with SD card removed unexpectedly.

Hi folks,

I have a one month old LG G4 that has been working perfectly.

I added a 128Gb class 10 PNY SD card and it mounted perfectly, copied over about 40Gb of data and all was well.

A while later a message popped up on the screen "SD card removed unexpectedly. It can be damaged. Always unmount SD card before removing it."
eQTQ7fP.jpg

I am unable to access the SD card via the phone in any manner, if I remove the card and put it in a USB micro-SD adapter and plug it into my laptop it mounts just fine and I can access all of the data. I have run Windows check disk against the SD card an no issues were found. The phone is still unable to mount/read the card.

I went as far as to remove the partition from the SD card and reinstalled it back in the phone, it was then detected and the phone auto-formatted it, and then I was able to copy my data back onto the device... and about 10 minutes later the same error popped up "SD card unexpectedly..."

I have a second identical SD card, I tried using it and the same exact problem happened.

Any thoughts on what to do?

Thanks,
_x_

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G4 - added SD card and it fails after a while with SD card removed unexpectedly.

Bring the phone into your carrier. There's something wrong with the SD card port or the ROM. They can reflash the ROM, but if it's a hardware issue, they'll have to replace the phone. (If it's a month old it's under warranty.)

Be sure to back everything up if you don't keep current backups. See Backing up an Android Device. If they replace the phone, you'll probably lose everything on it that's not backed up.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G4 - added SD card and it fails after a while with SD card removed unexpectedly.

Also PNY is cheap of the cheap, and sd cards are not a %100 compatible product. May need to go with another vendor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness