LG G4 - Battery suddenly died?

Dynamin

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello.

My phone was at 4 %, and I went and put it on charge. When I came back 5 minutes later, it was non-responsive and seemed like it wasn't charging. I couldn't turn the phone on, and there was no LED charging light.

BUT, when I took out the battery and plugged the phone to the charger, the screen turned on and there was a battery image with a question mark inside of it. When I re-inserted the battery, it suddenly showed the battery was at 40 % (?!??!), and after that it tried to turn on, with the LG startup logo, and then it turned off again.
I've also tried with 3 different cables, and another charger, which all works fine on my samsung tablet. Also tried on a battery pack and it appears as it's charging the phone (the pack is lighting up), but the phone is non-responsive still.

Doesn't this seem like the battery died?

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello.

My phone was at 4 %, and I went and put it on charge. When I came back 5 minutes later, it was non-responsive and seemed like it wasn't charging. I couldn't turn the phone on, and there was no LED charging light.

BUT, when I took out the battery and plugged the phone to the charger, the screen turned on and there was a battery image with a question mark inside of it. When I re-inserted the battery, it suddenly showed the battery was at 40 % (?!??!), and after that it tried to turn on, with the LG startup logo, and then it turned off again.
I've also tried with 3 different cables, and another charger, which all works fine on my samsung tablet. Also tried on a battery pack and it appears as it's charging the phone (the pack is lighting up), but the phone is non-responsive still.

Doesn't this seem like the battery died?
This sounds more like a mother board issue with your handset, which means it's on its way out. This was a common problem with G4 handsets. I know because the same happened to mine. Get it repaired / exchanged asap.

Dynamin

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
This sounds more like a mother board issue with your handset, which means it's on its way out. This was a common problem with G4 handsets. I know because the same happened to mine. Get it repaired / exchanged asap.

That doesn't sound good. I'm not getting the bootloop problem that I know LG G4 had a problem with.

Also, I've been using a 2,4 A custom charger for a while. Not sure if it matters but. I can also feel some heat from the battery and phone contact while it's "charging".

Last edited:

Dynamin

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Now after leaving the battery out for a while, and then putting it back it, it does start the boot, but completely stuck at the boot. I have to remove the battery in order for it to turn off, as none of the button combinations work.

kgram1

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Dynamin - I have the exact same experiences as you, with my G4, in fact, identical step by step. I called the local helpline who told me it is likely to be a battery issue, so I ordered a new battery. Like you, I fear that it is more serious, but as I haven't really got the time for sending my phone in for repair, I wonder if and possibly how you resolved your G4 problem?

Philthyrich

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Uh oh....looks like you're experiencing bootloop issue. I had the same problem the battery would be fully charged but wouldn't turn on. You'll have to get it fixed by your carrier.

Posted via the Android Central App