LG G4 Screen in sunlight

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi.

I'm standing here in the AT&T store with my G3 in front of the G4. I set both phones to fill brightness and then opened up Google's home page because it is mostly white.

To me, the G3 display seems brighter and whiter while the G4 looks dimmer and yellow.

The sun is shining outside but the display unit G4 is tethered so I can't compare both phones outside.

I thought the G4 was supposed to be "25%" brighter than the G3. I know my G3 is just not bright outside and I was really hoping that changed with the 4.

Lights plays very differently inside than out (more diffused, no spectral highlights). Can any former G3 now G4 users testify to outside viewing on the G4?

Oh and my G3 looks better than the S6 when running the same comparison.

Posted via Android Central App with my LG G3

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
This is so difficult as what I say, someone will come and say something different, such is the way of things...

For me I find the G4 to be acceptable outside but my S6E is by a good bit better :)

Posted via the Android Central App

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess 25% isn't as drastic a difference as they would have us believe. I don't see much of a difference either.

Sent from my sweet G4!

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback folks. Not a deal breaker as I enjoy my G3 even with the screen issues.

Just means I'm probably not going to be in a much of a rush to grab the G4. I spend more time outside in the summer so a bright screen really matters. Wish the S6 had a bigger screen and the Note 4 wasn't so stupid expensive.

Posted via Android Central App with my LG G3

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I came from a S6 and maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but I don't see much a difference at all between the two when it comes to brightness or auto brightness when going outside. Even indoors I think the auto brightness works great.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Both the s6e and g4 are really bright outdoors. Can't compare to the g3.

Also make sure to set the brightness to high and on auto brightness

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware