LG G7 official T-Mobile availability

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So here it is.. Finally T-Mobile gave availability dates.

Pre order starts: May 25th
Availability in stores: June 1st
Cost: $750

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-...th-a-buy-one-get-one-deal-starting-may-25.htm

Personally think $750 is expensive for this phone (just my opinion), I think there will be a good sale or offers during father's day weekend on June 17th.

Edit: looks like there is BOGO deal already. No need for adding a new line, if you have 2 lines you can buy 2 of them and get 24 monthly credits on one of them making it free. If you only have one line you are out of luck unless you add a new line.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-...th-a-buy-one-get-one-deal-starting-may-25.htm

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
750 defintely seems like a bit of a stretch for this phone. I think that 600 or 650 would have been more appropriate. The pre order is a joke, at least compared to what is being offered in canada imo. Ill wait to see what the price drops to around fathers day or a little later since the G6 dropped by about 150 a month after it was released.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Glad to know that there is a pre-order date coming; and thank you for also telling us about the BOGO offer! That's awesome! Hopefully with marketing and sales like this, LG will sell more units!

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah no. After having both the G6 currently and V30 for a short time, will not be purchasing anymore LG garbage devices. My next device will probably an S9/Plus. I would buy an Iphone before I bought another LG device.

Last edited:

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I kinda want this phone but my gut says wait. I'm hoping the Pixel 3 comes to TMobile. I also want to see how the V40 is going to shape up.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I kinda want this phone but my gut says wait. I'm hoping the Pixel 3 comes to TMobile. I also want to see how the V40 is going to shape up.

Waiting is almost always a good idea... Unless more things come out that you think you want more. 🤣 But waiting and seeing what happens with other phones is a smart move!

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
750 is ridiculous. the s9 is a far superior phone. it's a shame I wanted to try the g7. but at that price I'm going back to the s9

Far superior? Are you serious about this? The S9 doesn't even have a quad DAC like the G7 and V30 does. I don't see the appeal of Galaxy devices at all. The phones are similar in specs but due to the Quad DAC the G7 is a notch better.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Far superior? Are you serious about this? The S9 doesn't even have a quad DAC like the G7 and V30 does. I don't see the appeal of Galaxy devices at all. The phones are similar in specs but due to the Quad DAC the G7 is a notch better.
Depends on preference. The Quad DAC will sale the device for some. For others, priority may be the Super Amoled display.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

S9 has a better camera.
S9 has a better display.
No ugly notch with chin (but this is subjective)
Pretty buggy UI on LG
Battery life seems to be bad too compared to s9

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna get the G7 at some point. I have a lot going on now (moving soon) so I might hold off until things settle down.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
S9 has a better camera.
S9 has a better display.
Pretty buggy UI on LG

S9 has better display tech, but the G7 is a far superior overall display experience for one gigantic reason. It's flat.

The edge display is one of the worst blunders in the history of mobile phones. A screen that bends away from you makes zero sense. Zero. Glare on each edge, text and graphics are distorted on each edge on many websites, usable screen space is very narrow, hard to pick up and even harder to protect properly. It's a collosal design flaw.

I have the S9, just ordered the G7. As for the camera. That's purely subjective. G7 has a wide angle, which in my experience, is far more practical than 1000fps slow mo etc.

In my book, G7 is the far better phone. Notch or not. I hope Sammy goes back to a flat display option for their flagships. Until they do, they will always be a step behind with regards to display.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
S9 has better display tech, but the G7 is a far superior overall display experience for one gigantic reason. It's flat.

The edge display is one of the worst blunders in the history of mobile phones. A screen that bends away from you makes zero sense. Zero. Glare on each edge, text and graphics are distorted on each edge on many websites, usable screen space is very narrow, hard to pick up and even harder to protect properly. It's a collosal design flaw.

I have the S9, just ordered the G7. As for the camera. That's purely subjective. G7 has a wide angle, which in my experience, is far more practical than 1000fps slow mo etc.

In my book, G7 is the far better phone. Notch or not. I hope Sammy goes back to a flat display option for their flagships. Until they do, they will always be a step behind with regards to display.

I'm just a little hesitant because it only comes with 4gb of ram

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
S9 has a better camera.
S9 has a better display.
Pretty buggy UI on LG

Don't have problems with the UI on my V30. Besides, you can always just install a different launcher anyway.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sucks that that don't offer the LG G7+ with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage in the US. Useless carriers probably don't want more SKUs, higher cost and LG doesn't care.

Can't do anything about the 6gb of ram, but is performance decorated At All by inserting a 64GB micro SD card into the phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt