LG Optimus G Pro E988 - are microUSB toUSB cables universal ?

shaleen55

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello All

I recently purchased the LG Optimus G Pro which came with just one microUSB to USB cable for using to transfer data from the PC to the G Pro as well as to charge the G Pro with its wall charger. I'd prefer to dedicate this cable for only the wall charger purposes.

So, for transferring data between my PC to the G Pro, can I use the microUSB to USB cable which came with my Sony Reader PRS-650 (and which I use to sideload ebooks onto my Sony Reader) , or am I likely to cause problems ?

My question basically is : Are these microUSB to USB cables universal for all devices or are they specific to the device they come with ?
I'll appreciate any inputs.

Shaleen

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I think the charging cables are a little different from the data cables you'd use with a computer. But it wouldn't hurt (probably) to try it and see, any more than using the OEM cable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

shaleen55

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
For charging the G Pro, you connect the microUSB end to the G Pro and the USB end to the wall charger.
For connecting PC with G Pro, you connect the microUSB end to the G Pro and the USB end to the PC USB-port.

This is exactly the configuration I have for my Sony Reader PRS-650 too and it came with 2 microUSBtoUSB cables- one for use with the charger and the other for using with the PC and both these cables were identical. Which is why I am curious to find out if these microUSBtoUSB cables are interchangeable or specific to the device they come with. Maybe someone knowlegeable about this can help us.

SKDroid1234

May 26, 2014
Visit site
What is the point in dedicating a cable to the wall charger? It makes no sense. Use the same to connect to PC. Besides I have used other cables (Samsung, vendor less) to connect the LG GPro to the PC and charger. No issues. It is just a cable guys.

Sent from my N550JV using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa