LG Optimus Pro vs. HTC One vs. SG4

ipeaches

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I currently am on my third iPhone in 5 years and looking to upgrade soon to a flagship Android device. I have read a lot of reviews both on and off these forums. The phones I am considering are in the title of this thread. I am becoming curious about features that aren't discussed in as much depth in typical reviews and I was wondering if the members on these forums who have have two of more of these device could help me out:

1. Call quality: Generally, I've heard that the Pro is the worst and the SG4 is the best. Can anyone refute or confirm this? While I don't talk on my phone A LOT - A LOT, I talk on my phone enough for it to be a factor (especially when I can't decide based on the other specs).

2. IR Remote App: I know all of these devices boast some app for controlling your TV but I am wondering which phone has the best app?

3. Keyboard: Does the SG4 really not have an autocorrect?! Is the LG Pro's keyboard really the worst of the bunch?

3. Camera: getting somewhat mixed reviews on this too. I know it depends one's level of photography etc. and I think that I generally take a lot more low-light photos (so the HTC one would probably be the winner for me), but I guess I would just like to hear about people's experiences.

I was really leaning toward the LG Pro but I have read some reviews suggesting it is not as well rounded, especially with respect to the other two devices I am considering, which is why I posted this thread. However, all of the reviews from those who bought the LG Pro are amazing. I am not sure who to believe. I understand that at some point, I'm just going to have to go to the store and maybe feel them out myself. Currently, the HTC is my second choice, and the SG4 is my third.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I currently am on my third iPhone in 5 years and looking to upgrade soon to a flagship Android device. I have read a lot of reviews both on and off these forums. The phones I am considering are in the title of this thread. I am becoming curious about features that aren't discussed in as much depth in typical reviews and I was wondering if the members on these forums who have have two of more of these device could help me out:

1. Call quality: Generally, I've heard that the Pro is the worst and the SG4 is the best. Can anyone refute or confirm this? While I don't talk on my phone A LOT - A LOT, I talk on my phone enough for it to be a factor (especially when I can't decide based on the other specs).

2. IR Remote App: I know all of these devices boast some app for controlling your TV but I am wondering which phone has the best app?

3. Keyboard: Does the SG4 really not have an autocorrect?! Is the LG Pro's keyboard really the worst of the bunch?

3. Camera: getting somewhat mixed reviews on this too. I know it depends one's level of photography etc. and I think that I generally take a lot more low-light photos (so the HTC one would probably be the winner for me), but I guess I would just like to hear about people's experiences.

I was really leaning toward the LG Pro but I have read some reviews suggesting it is not as well rounded, especially with respect to the other two devices I am considering, which is why I posted this thread. However, all of the reviews from those who bought the LG Pro are amazing. I am not sure who to believe. I understand that at some point, I'm just going to have to go to the store and maybe feel them out myself. Currently, the HTC is my second choice, and the SG4 is my third.

Probably the best thing to do is play with them. Explore all the features in a carrier store. That way you can feel each one. And it's a fun excuse to play with them. Samsung and no auto correct is partly due to Apple/Samsung lawsuits.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
1st, MKBHD on YouTube makes the best reviews on the web. He has one for each of these. This is where you should get your advice.

2nd...

Call quality: do you think that they will be substantially different. Likely not, even if they "rank" differently. Of course one will be best and one will be worst, but they will all be good.

Camera: HTC. But all three are near to the iPhone 5.

TV remote: will you really use it enough for the minor differences between the apps make the difference?

Keyboard: doesn't matter. You will buy SwiftKey anyway.

So what are you left with? The one you want to buy! Walk into att, play with them, and if you get one that sucks, exchange it for a different one.

Ps. If you listen to music without headphones a lot (cooking, working, shower, etc), just get the one. No brainer.

Pps. Personal opinion, I like LG phones. Super bright screen, super fast camera. But I'd have to really consider the One.

Posted via Android Central App

ipeaches

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Probably the best thing to do is play with them. Explore all the features in a carrier store. That way you can feel each one. And it's a fun excuse to play with them. Samsung and no auto correct is partly due to Apple/Samsung lawsuits.

oh yeeahhh... i remember that now. =/

I will add that any phone with the ability to snap a photo when you say cheese is worth a hard look. Lgpro

LOL

1st, MKBHD on YouTube makes the best reviews on the web. He has one for each of these. This is where you should get your advice.

2nd...

Call quality: do you think that they will be substantially different. Likely not, even if they "rank" differently. Of course one will be best and one will be worst, but they will all be good.

Camera: HTC. But all three are near to the iPhone 5.

TV remote: will you really use it enough for the minor differences between the apps make the difference?

Keyboard: doesn't matter. You will buy SwiftKey anyway.

So what are you left with? The one you want to buy! Walk into att, play with them, and if you get one that sucks, exchange it for a different one.

Ps. If you listen to music without headphones a lot (cooking, working, shower, etc), just get the one. No brainer.

Pps. Personal opinion, I like LG phones. Super bright screen, super fast camera. But I'd have to really consider the One.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes, he's good. I've actually seen them all. :p
I do listen to my music without headphones more than anyone I know but I also spend 2 hours on the metro a day just staring at my phone's screen so it's a wash! ARGH!

AidanRoberts

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi ipeaches,
You won't find much difference in call quality. Just make sure your battery is charged.
For the camera, usually a look at the resolution and color scheme will tell you which one will work better for you.
The keyboard isn't that bad, but you have to test that for yourself.
I lean towards Samsung myself, it's really just a matter of what features you like better