LG Tone+ Bluetooth headset HBS-730 microphone problem.

jvg333

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I returned mine to Verizon Store, and they easily swapped it, thinking it was a faulty unit. Same thing happened with the new unit. Today it was so bad, cut out 3x on a client call. I'm back to the wired headset until this gets figured out. I want to use the Tone!

Just returned the 750 back to the Verizon store. They say I was the first person to return one of the LGs. Not buying it. I exchanged for the Motorola Buds but once I got home and tried it on, I was not happy. It was too snug around my neck and cant imagine what it would be like with a collared shirt. Too bad about the LG, though, if it wasn't for the mic going out, I was very happy with it. Back to an in the ear Plantronics for now until either Samsung or LG get their act together.

Got2bloom

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I did Edge and am on my second S5 in two weeks...same problem : (

I also did write to LG customer service. However, I have been experiencing my microphone cutting out on my S5 without the Tones so I am not sure what the problem is. Very frustrating. I have another call in to Verizon.

jvg333

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Why did you need to swap out your S5? Now I"m wondering if my S5 has a bug in it, so whatever you can share would be appreciated.

jvg333

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I also had a chat with LG today. Not helpful. I'd share the transcript, but it's rubbish. Offered for me to send it in with an RMA. This is unbearable... cut out 3x just now on another client call. I want it fixed, I don't want to return it!!

eli_ao5

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same exact issue with the LG tone + and now the Pro as well. It seems to be an issue between Samsung phones and LG because at one point I had the Moto X and it wouldn't mute my mic. Also a friend of mine has the same issue with these headphone on his galaxy s4 and 5. We noticed as soon as either one gets near wifi where it connects automatically it will instantly mute the mic. So we end up having to turn off our wifi while at home and on the phone and the problem stops, if we just reset the headset and leave the wifi on it will do it again and again until we just turn off the wifi on the phone.

Long story short: the bluetooth mutes your mic when your samsung phone connects to your home wifi automatically, and the problem will only stop when you turn off the wifi on the phone.

jvg333

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Not surprising, here's LG response to my post and plea for their help.

Thanks jvg333,

Your opinion is very important to us and the LG community. We appreciate your taking the time to write a review on HBS750 White. Unfortunately your review did not meet our guidelines for posting on our site.

We encourage you to review our guidelines and resubmit your review on HBS750 White.

Thanks for being an active member of the LG community.

Sincerely,
The LG Team

VZNDAVE

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyone try with the new SAMSUNG UPDATE. Both of my Galaxy S4s were updated to Android ver 4.4.2 / 1545 VRUFNC5 on 5/2/14. I have returned my headsets so I cant test now.

SteveDip

May 3, 2014
Visit site
OK this explains a lot, I had the 730 since December and I think it's the best thing ever but I was using it on my iPhone with no problems, I just went to an S5 and this problem comes up right away and it seems to happen when something is happening in the background.

SteveDip

May 3, 2014
Visit site
OK this explains a lot, I had the 730 since December and use it all the time, works great but I had been using it with an iphone, now I just went to an S5 and this problem happened right away, seems to lose the mic when something is happening in the background. I will try to see if this happens when not on wi-fi. If it does I may have to go back to the iphone.

VZNDAVE

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, I went and purchased another HBS 750 from Verizon. I was curious if the recent software upgrade would fix the issue. Its only been two days but so far so good. I have not had the mic issue.....yet. hope this fixes it. The tech at Verizon said there were 4 Bluetooth related patches in the recent upgrade, but nothing specific to the LG Headset,. nonetheless, it seems to be working.

jvg333

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
THIS FIX WORKS: Simply shut off WIFI. That's what's worked for me on my s5 and HBS-750. I"m back to being happy. Been working this way now for days. @vzndave, I've been on Android 4.4.2, and I think the problem was that way; but I'm not game to try putting WIFI back on while I'm on the headset.

Lloyd Bach

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my LG HBS-750. I can al of a sudden lose contact with the listener at the other end; because they can't hear me but I can hear them. This could be a good device but it is not consistent.

ericdtcb

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Same problem on Samsung S3 with HBS-750 from Be$t buy but returned them yesterday and exchanged for new pair. Seems to be working fine now.

ericdtcb

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Not working again!
Worked for one day and now the microphone is cutting out again on almost every call.

I guess I will have to return them again.

Same problem on Samsung S3 with HBS-750 from Be$t buy but returned them yesterday and exchanged for new pair. Seems to be working fine now.

Last edited:

CapnD99

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else tried to turn off wifi to get the LG working? I'm going to purchase a new headset soon and this was one of the front runners. I think I could live without the wifi since it won't be available most of the time I'm using them.

Posted via Android Central App

Rashad G

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I have been reading all these post & I also have had my own issue. However, I believe I finally found out what the issue is with the Mic. I currently own two pair of LG TONE headsets(both LG HBS-730). To keep it simple if you purchased this model around the time they first came out than you more than likely have no idea what people are complaining about. Reason being somewhere between then & now LG made a production change so the the newer models have defects. I have discovered this because of the two set that I have(one had never had any Mic issues, the other problems from day one). Also everyone I know(good many) that has had a set for a while had no trouble. Those who have newer pair well not so lucky. Conclusion, if you purchase a set be prepared to have a possible issue. Hopefully LG has or will be fixing whatever caused this change. I will say this I still love the product, just wish they would resolve this issue with the newer sets.

Bill 2

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought LG's Tone Ultra - HBS800. I am using it with a Samsung Note 2 / Android 4.3.

Absolutely has the "WiFi curse of MIC death" feature. I am WiFi at home, and answered a call on the HBS800. The other party simply could not hear me. I could hear them. After much frustration on both sides of the line, I Googled this issue and found this thread.

I took the advice of an earlier post and turned OFF WIFI. I made the call on 4G - perfect clarity, from my MIC, according to the person I called.

The INSTANT I pressed my WIFI icon to turn it on - my MIC went DEAD. I pressed it again to turn it off, but even after a dozen seconds, the MIC had not reestablished itself.

This "feature" will be a deal-breaker for some people. If I'm away from a WiFi access point, I'll be on 4G/3G and not WiFi - so no problem. If I'm at home, though - I'm usually on WiFi. It will be a royal pain.

If I'm at home, I'll be on WiFi. I guess I'll have to see if I can turn off my WiFi in order to answer the call on 4G quickly enough so the caller won't decide to hang up. If I can remember I need to go through that gyration before answering a call. That's the alternative to just taking the HBS800 back for a refund.

Gmommy1950

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I am on my third LG Tone bluetooth. The original one worked great... it was 1 1/2 yrs old when it went out. I am on my 3rd Tone since then and they all automatically go to mute in the middle of conversations. I had the Galaxy S4 and now have the Galaxy Note 3. I don't believe it's a Galaxy phone problem. Funny when I go to Verizon I always think they are going to give me a bad time because I have kept them for months before I return them and they do it without a problem! I LOVE VERIZON!!! Now that I have read all the bad reviews of people who are having the same problem I think I will take the suggestion of returning this one too (just got it a couple of days ago and it's already acting up) and purchase something else. When LG recognizes and fixes their problem then i MIGHT consider another one; but if this is the way LG operates then maybe NOT! Maybe someone should speak to an attorney and get a class action law suit going??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD