LG V10 Bootloop

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My V10 was bitten by the bootloader flaw and sent back to LGs repair facility in Fort Worth. That was on September 1, and the phone remains there three weeks later. Has anyone here gotten their V10 repaired for a bootloader warranty fix? How long did it take?

I sent my G5 for a GPS repair and it took about 2 weeks. My repair may have been simple.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Wireless charging does cause the phone to heat up a bit.

x2... although for me the warming source seems to be the Qi charger or the Qi charge case back, and not the CPU area beneath the FPS. I keep a close watch on my phone when it is on the charge pad. From what I have observed the safest and coolest way to charge this phone is to pull the battery and charge it using the LG charger. Charging from a 5V (non-quick charge) USB also keeps things nice and cool. I do this whenever I have the choice.

The other thing I do is place the phone face down and lay the Qi charge pad down on the back of the phone. That way the heat form the Qi pad rises up and away from the phone.

Its nice to have options though.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Man, this is crazy... I was owner of a LG G3 and I never had issues with it but I was considering upgrading to the LG G4 then I started reading about the boot loop issue affecting the phone. Then I decided to sell my G3 which was working great but even some G3 was also affected by same issue. So I sold the phone and I got a Moto G4 which yes it does not have same features but it is working great and have same display size. Then I came today to read that the boot loop is affecting also the V10. LG is totally incompetent in their quality department. I understand that maybe one model can be affected by an issue but continually having same problem across of different model is just completely nuts. If you buy or own a LG you are basically using a product of unknown quality standard. I will never ever going to consider the LG brand again.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Man, this is crazy... I was owner of a LG G3 and I never had issues with it but I was considering upgrading to the LG G4 then I started reading about the boot loop issue affecting the phone. Then I decided to sell my G3 which was working great but even some G3 was also affected by same issue. So I sold the phone and I got a Moto G4 which yes it does not have same features but it is working great and have same display size. Then I came today to read that the boot loop is affecting also the V10. LG is totally incompetent in their quality department. I understand that maybe one model can be affected by an issue but continually having same problem across of different model is just completely nuts. If you buy or own a LG you are basically using a product of unknown quality standard. I will never ever going to consider the LG brand again.

I think alot of phones and manufacturers are having similar issues. Think of the heat and power consumption needed to power large screens for long periods of time. Then u toss in quick charge and it generates more heat. Few things to owner can do to help. Make sure you never leave aps like Snapchat open for long periods of time, it keeps your screen at full brightness and heats any phone up. When charging your phone, stay off the phone, let it charge with the screen off. Trying to watch movies as phone charges will generate crap load of heat, unless you are outside turn your brightness down to atleast 40 percent. Your battery will last longer and not generate nearly the heat. And be aware if you have your phone in a case and your out in hoy weather your phone will not get rid of the heat like it should..

HepCatChris

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm scared how this is going to turn out for me. After the phone turned itself off and got stuck on the boot screen I tried to get it to load up (even after letting it rest for a bit). At this point I can get it to the factory reset menu, but it seems to not progress and just freezes after the second selection of "yes" to reset. Waiting for it do the reboot after confirmation, the screen just cracks. Phone wasn't dropped, nothing dropped on it. Just sitting there saying it was going to wipe everything, instead it overheats. So now I got ice on my fingers (was hot to touch), phone won't boot, and it has a broken screen - all because it crashed and wouldn't reboot!

So now they are going to say the cracked screen means I can't get it replaced? I've had it less than a year, purchased through T-Mobile store, and I have the insurance.

vonfrederic27

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I actually just had the same problem but i just got to the lock screen and had enough time to get my personal stuff off the phone before it went back!

I basically got it to a high enough temperature that it would usually be notifying you that the phone was overheating without really pushing it over the edge and i let the battery die. and then i restarted the phone and it showed the low battery symbol and when i plugged it in to my charger it went to the bootloop screen where it stayed for about 30 seconds. and then it turned to the white t-mobile screen for about 30 seconds to a minute. and then it turned on back to the lock screen!! idk if itll work for everyone but its worth a try.

*DONT FORGET TO GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT OFF THE PHONE BEFORE IT GOES BACK TO THE BOOTLOOP SCREEN!*
just sayin cuz i was in so much shock that it went back and i had to try to do it again...
Hopefully this will work for everyone! GOOD LUCK

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Is there any common thing going on that seems to cause the boot loop? It seems like overheating does it. But are folks doing CPU intensive tasks that ends up in the phone getting hot or something like that?

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
your v10 still working aafter your fridge reset?

The purpose of using the fridge was to attempt to back up or transfer data that I wanted to save to the CD card. I was able to keep the phone cool enough to do this while the phone was in the fridge/freezer. After the back up was complete and I removed it from the fridge, it would start the bootloop all over again once it heated back up.

I sent the phone in to AT&T afterwards for a warranty exchange.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Had mine since January. Never experienced any bootloop, but have to lament the absolutely criminal battery life.
Did you get an extra battery? The rationale for the no-so-great battery not bothering me too much is:
1. I have more than a single phone
2. Even if the battery has to be charged more often eating through the charge cycles it can be replaced. Will I have the phone long enough for that to even be relevant? History says no.
3. Thanks to Jeremiah Bonds, I do have a 2nd battery and a mobile charging case.

Josh Grevous

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Did you get an extra battery? The rationale for the no-so-great battery not bothering me too much is:
1. I have more than a single phone
2. Even if the battery has to be charged more often eating through the charge cycles it can be replaced. Will I have the phone long enough for that to even be relevant? History says no.
3. Thanks to Jeremiah Bonds, I do have a 2nd battery and a mobile charging case.

Yeah, made sure I bought charging bundle including that extra battery.

Rikkuzrodriguez

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
My V10 died on me 3 weeks ago.. Send it back , still had warranty. It seems they replaced the motherboard, but also updated the software version the same version the V20 has. Any one else having this aswell?

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
My V10 died on me 3 weeks ago.. Send it back , still had warranty. It seems they replaced the motherboard, but also updated the software version the same version the V20 has. Any one else having this aswell?
Mine was fixed and returned last Thu and it still has 6.0. Still on Sept security. Definitely not nougat. I have the t mobile version

jbraft

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Happened to me last week. Got it to reboot once, then half way, then logo and nothing else. Fortunately I kept all of my files and pics on the SD card. Got mine in November of 2015, so it was beyond the one year warranty. Checked with LG and they have extended the warranty 3 months, but that was from the build date, not purchase date....missed it by three weeks, thanks for nothing. I do have it under a Square Trade 3 yr warranty, and they have it now. Sent it out late last week, they received it yesterday and looked at it and approved the repair today. Should get it back next week...I hope. Hopefully it will be in good working order and just have to worry about settings and apps. Will probably be the last LG I own, and the last "flagship" I get. Too much money for something that seem just as reliable, or not, as a phone that would cost half as much.... There is no excuse.