LG V10 stuck on "Life's Good" screen but won't turn on

Cdskidso1

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Update from my baking test. After reassembling the phone it worked great. I used it for about 8 hours, leaving it on and reinstalling apps that I could run off of Wi-Fi only and gps.

At 8 hours of continuous use, the boot loop returned along with a warm battery and warm processor.

Had I needed to backup and recover all of my files, 7 to 8 hours would have been more than enough time to accomplish that. In that regard, I consider my experience a success.

Again with nothing to lose, I will bake one more time, this time for 11 minutes at 385 Fahrenheit to see if that can fully seat the solder connections.

If that fails, even with a cracked screen, maybe I can take advantage of LG extending the V10 warranty to 24 months. We will see.

Thanks

Spraguex

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Update from my baking test. After reassembling the phone it worked great. I used it for about 8 hours, leaving it on and reinstalling apps that I could run off of Wi-Fi only and gps.

At 8 hours of continuous use, the boot loop returned along with a warm battery and warm processor.

Had I needed to backup and recover all of my files, 7 to 8 hours would have been more than enough time to accomplish that. In that regard, I consider my experience a success.

Again with nothing to lose, I will bake one more time, this time for 11 minutes at 385 Fahrenheit to see if that can fully seat the solder connections.

If that fails, even with a cracked screen, maybe I can take advantage of LG extending the V10 warranty to 24 months. We will see.

Thanks

Yeah I would say give it a try. They say they won't cover cosmetic damage like cracked screens but the might just leave that alone and fix the other issue. Good luck!

Cdskidso1

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Follow up from 2nd bake test.

11 minutes at 385 degrees. I would no go any longer because the thin part of the motherboard was starting to bow up about 1/16th of an inch due to the heat. It went back down easily and is in good shape with all the screws replaced.

I have been running my LG V10 for about two days with only 1 reboot when it got hot from a game that draws heavily on the processor. If I limit the duration time for that game I don't expect any boot loops.

For all of the other apps I have been running, the battery and the phone have been relatively cool. Because of that the battery life is better now too.

Definitely a fun experiment which is even better because of the successful outcome. (Does the Rock like what I am cooking?, LOL)
Who would have thought that baking a motherboard would be a viable repair? Not me initially, but I'm a believer now.

Hope that I have helped some of you, if you used these steps to bring your phone back to life, even if it was just long enough to recover your data, files and media.

Regards,

Cdskidso

brooklyn520

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else got a response from LG as a wrong diagnosis? I clearly told them that it was a bootloop problem before I shipped. They are trying to say it was a charging problem. Plus I have two batteries and a travel charger so there diagnostics is BS. It may not charge while it is in life is good mode. But both my batteries were fully charged when it went into bootloop. Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 86

brooklyn520

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I did this twice a couple weeks ago and it actually worked. The first time the phone lasted for 1.5 days and the second time it lasted about 8 hours. I got all my photos off my phone.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Don't take their stated diagnosis literally. They said the same thing to me on one of my repairs. They changed the main board under warranty, and all was well.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else got a response from LG as a wrong diagnosis? I clearly told them that it was a bootloop problem before I shipped. They are trying to say it was a charging problem. Plus I have two batteries and a travel charger so there diagnostics is BS. It may not charge while it is in life is good mode. But both my batteries were fully charged when it went into bootloop. View attachment 259958

Leena Qaseem

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
My phone froze earlier then shut itself down. If I remove the battery for a minute I can hold the power button down and get the initial vibrate, followed by the "Life's Good" screen, but then it goes black. A few seconds later the same screen may or may not come back on. If it does come back, the process just repeats... black screen-Lifes Good-black screen-Lifes Good-black screen.... In any case, it goes no further in the start up process. I tried to do a hard reset, but can't get past the Life's Good even holding the correct buttons.

im also facing exactly the same problem. did u find any solution. if yes then do share it with me. i will b v grateful to u!

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
im also facing exactly the same problem. did u find any solution. if yes then do share it with me. i will b v grateful to u!

go to LG's web site, and look for mobile support. You'll want to send this to them for repair.

In the description, include the term "bootloop".

They may provide a shipping label, or they may not. But they will repair it for free. When you get it back it will be like a brand new phone out of the box.

JJCook

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
They are stating that my problem is a charging issue. I had heard there's a class action suit against LG on this. Maybe, they are trying to keep our issues our of any class action.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean by "they are stating your problem is a charging issue"?

Do they have your phone?

It doesn't matter what they call it, as long as they fix it. I think they called my second unit (I had two V10s) out with the same "won't charge" verbiage on their repair tracking system, but it didn't matter. They fixed the bootloop problem.

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
for those who shipped their v10 back to LG, did they send a pre paid label?
Mine is out of warranty but they said they will fix for free, but when submitting the claim on lgmobilerepair site it gave me an RA number but no label.. just an address to ship to.
Wondering if anyone else had the same..

And did you include a receipt if out of warranty? Bought mine "New" at Swappa back in Nov 2015, so not sure if i should even mention that or not.

thanks

wme26

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
for those who shipped their v10 back to LG, did they send a pre paid label?
Mine is out of warranty but they said they will fix for free, but when submitting the claim on lgmobilerepair site it gave me an RA number but no label.. just an address to ship to.
Wondering if anyone else had the same..

And did you include a receipt if out of warranty? Bought mine "New" at Swappa back in Nov 2015, so not sure if i should even mention that or not.

thanks

Hi,

I also filled out the online repair request and did not receive a prepaid label. I used the online live chat the next day and the person helping me filled out a whole new request for me and also emailed me a prepaid label along with my return information.:D

It seems that the best way to get your phone repaired and get a return label to mail it in is to either use the Live Chat (probably fastest way) or actually call LG.

l3mon

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

As frustrating as this has been I was finally tapping out and gave up since I was at it all day trying to get it to go past the Life's Good screen. Now what I did may not work for all, but it worked for me nonetheless. These were just the steps I just did in this order to work which may or may not actually need to be done.

Also side note earlier in the day I gave up and did a factory reset hoping to break the loop but it seem to not work because it just froze up (I am only bringing this up as when I got it to boot it actually did factory reset)

- Took the battery out for < 5min

- Press and held the power and volume buttons a few times to get rid of any residual power left behind

- I put the battery back in and held the power + volume down to get it to the boot menu, BUT I did not let go. The logo screen came up again and then back into the boot menu I still did not let go after about until the 3rd-4th time in. Once released I then just chose the 'Continue power up' option.

- The optimization warning popped up I did not think anything of it but I just let it sit and it actually completed 12/12 and the phone had booted up!

Maybe I just lucked out, but it worked for me. Hopefully it can work for someone else!

William Selby

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
For what its worth, I just sent my v10 and 5x in for the bootloop issue. Do the Chat on the website, they will do form and send label. Here are my results, just waiting to pick them up. Hoping they fixed my cracked screen on my v10, but if not still happy they fixed for free.

lg repl.png

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the dreaded bootloop issue happen to me about a year ago. Tried freezing it to no avail. Lost all data on it. Other than what I could restore off the account.

If you really want to backup the phone which has bootloop issue, put your phone into a freezer with a ziploc bag and wait 5 mins. You may have a chance to turn your phone on and stay running for 10 mins, which is enough for backup process.

Tried that N times. It doesn't work. You will only be more aggravated.

Last edited by a moderator: