LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

Because, if it worked, we would already know about it. Verizon has disabled the FM radio for many many years. It is disabled in the hardware and there is apparently no way around it.

David

Blame Verizon as my Verizon prepaid first gen Moto G and my Verizon prepaid fourth gen Moto G Play have FM radio available.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

Because, if it worked, we would already know about it. Verizon has disabled the FM radio for many many years. It is disabled in the hardware and there is apparently no way around it.

David
There was a Samsung phone with the same issue and vzw turned on the fm radio with an update so that means it is a software issue not a hardware issue doesn't it?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

There was a Samsung phone with the same issue and vzw turned on the fm radio with an update so that means it is a software issue not a hardware issue doesn't it?

Not a definitive answer but the answer has always been the same and for those that have installed the Next FM App its usually confirmed that its a carrier issue

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Not a definitive answer but the answer has always been the same and for those that have installed the Next FM App its usually confirmed that its a carrier issue
Yes it is a carrier issue but software not hardware imo and I explained why I think so in my previous post. VZW could turn on the fm radio in an update if they chose to. If this were a popular phone one of the top rooted rom or kernel writers would have cracked it by now.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Yes it is a carrier issue but software not hardware imo and I explained why I think so in my previous post. VZW could turn on the fm radio in an update if they chose to. If this were a popular phone one of the top rooted rom or kernel writers would have cracked it by now.
I agree its always been a software issue

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site

It's not here in korea either. If you need the fm radio step out to your car or living room stereo. No reason for a smartphone to have fm radio..

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

It's not here in korea either. If you need the fm radio step out to your car or living room stereo. No reason for a smartphone to have fm radio..

I didn't really use it when I had a capable phone, however its not for me to say that people shouldn't want the capability if it exists in the hardware.

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site

i think the issue is less about needing an fm radio, and more about having to shell out near $1k for a phone, and almost $100, if not more, per month for a phone that isn't fully functional. financing a phone through a carrier shouldn't mean the customer receives less of a phone than someone on a different carrier. and then having the carrier tell you that you don't need the function is just an added slap in the face.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Its all about getting you to buy more data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital