LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

The FCC actually wanted me to call VZW's exec relations department and talk with them. I called them in November and they told me to call LG. It would just be the same conversation again. I just hope the FCC doesn't fine me or arrest me for wasting their time. 😁

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG v20 - No FM Radio; A Verizon "Get The Runaround" Special! Help Me if You're Annoyed, too.

Why does Verizon disable this stuff for? Also someone else posted about the latest software update on the unlocked version that HD calling doesn't work with Verizon now! I got tmobile and unlocked version and HD calling still works after the update.

I mean Verizon charges a kings ransom, takes unlimited data away and they take stuff away on their phones such as the radio. They really bend people over! Why do people stay with them?

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site

I find Verizon has great customer service in my area. To me, that's more important than having features I will not use.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Why does Verizon disable this stuff for? Also someone else posted about the latest software update on the unlocked version that HD calling doesn't work with Verizon now! I got tmobile and unlocked version and HD calling still works after the update.

I mean Verizon charges a kings ransom, takes unlimited data away and they take stuff away on their phones such as the radio. They really bend people over! Why do people stay with them?

HD calling still works on Verizon

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Am I going to be fined or arrested for not talking on the phone with VZW like the FCC wanted me to? I talked with VZW in November and it was the usual BS runaround, with them telling me to talk to LG.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Am I going to be fined or arrested for not talking on the phone with VZW like the FCC wanted me to? I talked with VZW in November and it was the usual BS runaround, with them telling me to talk to LG.

Why would they fine you?

janebuzjane

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site

Did they tell you you had to speak with VZW on the phone? If you did speak with them, how did that go?

I haven't gotten that far in the process yet, I don't think. My ticket was just assigned last night. I did put in my original ticket that I hadn't contacted Verizon yet because I didn't want to hassle a customer service rep over something that was out of their control :p

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Beginning to wonder if this is a Verizon or LG issue. The unlocked version that also works with Verizon does not have the radio either.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Beginning to wonder if this is a Verizon or LG issue. The unlocked version that also works with Verizon does not have the radio either.
ATT has it so it exists.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Why would they fine you?
For starting a ticket and then not following through. I don't know. I'm probably just being paranoid. I've heard of people being fined and arrested for pettier things than that.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

If that's the case, I'll call LG tomorrow and ask them. Very strange.

EchuOkan1

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Good ol' Red. I am glad I left them a loooong time ago. Sorry to see you are given the run around on something so simple. I don't care about FM, but you make a good point.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

It's obvious and has been said. VZW would prefer you use lte and pay for a bigger data plan. FM is free. The question is whether the hardware is IN the phone. I suspect it is but I don't know. If it's there somebody will root the phone and turn it on in the unlocked version.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

It's obvious and has been said. VZW would prefer you use lte and pay for a bigger data plan. FM is free. The question is whether the hardware is IN the phone. I suspect it is but I don't know. If it's there somebody will root the phone and turn it on in the unlocked version.

It's there. I'm sure all the phones are the same but slightly tuned for the frequency bands. I have the LG US996 US unlocked version and it's been disabled on my phone.

If everyone here complains, we might be able to make it available to all phones:

Take Action - Free Radio on my Phone

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Trump government is against all government regulation of business. We have no shot with them. Complaining to vzw and lg best bet but we'll never get enough people to do it. Sorry to be negative.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Trump government is against all government regulation of business. We have no shot with them. Complaining to vzw and lg best bet but we'll never get enough people to do it. Sorry to be negative.

Yeah it's no use really. An alternative: buy the Moto E 2nd Gen for 20 bucks on eBay/Craigslist, there's an FM radio in that. I use that phone when I'm working out at the gym. It's a fantastic little phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I have a V20. No way I carry an inferior phone instead. Thanks for the suggestion though. I think my razr maxx hd has fm radio too. LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary