LG V20 Pricing

Mohawk3

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
If the LG V20 is 800 here and there are no promotional discounts, I would probably be thinking twice about getting it. I don't really want to spend that much without getting some level of waterproofing. I really like the removable battery of my G4, but I can live with quick charging if I go for another device.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
It's probably going to be $700, not $800, and there will likely be bonuses for buying within the first few months.

I would have loved to see a $600 or $650 price tag, but I'll have to swallow $700 since this is the only phone that really appeals to me. Can't beat that removable battery, though the Moto Z Play would be a contender if I didn't prefer LG UX over stock-ish Android and also if it shipped with N.

I just need this phone in my life already.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
At $700, I will probably buy it to replace my G4. At $800, I will wait to see what the G6 brings......hell, at the rate LG is going, the G6 may be out before the V20 :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
$700 seems the sweet spot to optimize revenue for this device. $800 could result in less sales and less overall revenue. Will be interesting how they price.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
If the V20 if more than $750, I might shift gears and go back to One Plus. The price of phones is getting outrageous nowadays.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
V20 comparatively does not appear to warrant being over $700. Same display as V10, stock 820, no water or dust resistance and apparently not so good battery life. The DACs are not going to drive cost up to warrant higher cost.

If they price over $700 most of the buyers will be current LG users.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
V20 comparatively does not appear to warrant being over $700. Same display as V10, stock 820, no water or dust resistance and apparently not so good battery life. The DACs are not going to drive cost up to warrant higher cost.

If they price over $700 most of the buyers will be current LG users.

I agree with everything you say here, but the latest big phones have been over $700 i believe. Pretty sure this one is guaranteed to follow that trend unfortunately. They push so many people into those payment plans where a few extra dollars per month doesnt seem much.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree with everything you say here, but the latest big phones have been over $700 i believe. Pretty sure this one is guaranteed to follow that trend unfortunately. They push so many people into those payment plans where a few extra dollars per month doesnt seem much.

Odd thing is T-Mobile is hinting 650 and ATT looks like 830

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Odd thing is T-Mobile is hinting 650 and ATT looks like 830
T-mobile didn't hint at that price. AC is guessing that price. This is from the article:

There's no word on pricing right now, but we'd expect the V20 to come in around $650 on T-Mobile and other carriers when arrives later this month.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
That's a steep price but luckily I won't have it paid off in a year and would probably jump to the next.. Ultimately making my bill $20-$30 more a month than it should be. Haha

PalakMi

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
If it was at 800$, id rather go with the pixel than V20, mainly because of camera (if claims are true) and exclusive like androud 7.1 which nexus will get AS A DEV PREVIEW at the end of this year (imagine other devices when will get it) and Google assistant.
Plus it will be optimized way better than any other smartphone

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Point is this device does not even have basic dust or water resistance and a power chugging LCD from last year. No other current phone priced that high has those ommisions.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe