[Links][FAQ][Guides] Read me! If you want to root / Are rooted and have questions!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Links][FAQ][Guides] Read me! If you want to root / Are roote

You will have to relocate them unless youre restoring with titanium backup, youre purchased apps will be in your "my apps" menu in the market, though.

To go back to CM7, make sure you have a custom recovery flashed, wipe everything (after you backed up what you want to keep of course) flash CM7 and gapps, and reboot.

As for the radio version Settings>about phone>baseband version. OR boot into the bootloader and look into the top left corner. Here's a link to all the radio versions, use the latest. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715485 I recommend the all in one zip.

Reactions: Rascaldoc

Rascaldoc

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I just read about an app that lets you run 2-4 different roms from sd and pick which one you want to run when you reboot. Sounds sweet to me. That would let me try miui without completely losing Destroyer v.2 which is working really well for me right now. I'm getting decent battery life and speed which were the two main reasons I made the change. tried CM7 and liked it but the promise of great battery life and the fact that it is CM7 based convinced me to try it. Hope its okay to ramble in the thread like this I figure some of my ramblings might help someone else. Anyway the question is do you have any experience with the app I am speaking of? Boot Manager 3.0.3 ....... and it allows up to 4 roms and they run from the sd card once flashed.

kngsxvigil

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

:eek:
I've been reading a lot and have to confess to being a serious NOOB. BUT I have been rooted on my EVO 4G, I've downloaded and installed Titanium, and ROM Manager. I've performed a backup via both. I want to flash the latest Cyanogen ROM but don't know the exact method to do so. Please help. I need to know what more I need, and in what order I need it. The ROOTing was simple but now I feel a little lost because one or more sources seem to tell me that I need a "wimax" and a "radio" download in addition to the Cyanogen....Please just TELL me what I need to do so that I can flash the CM7 mod, restore my Titanium backup and go on....
Thanks much,
Mark C.

Thx8421

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

Hello everyone. I have rooted via revolutionary and anon ra.I have s-off but superuser, busybox Rom manager all say I'm not rooted. To me it seems to be a superuser issue.version 3.0.6 (40).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Thx8421

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

Figured it out. outdated su binary install with root.Thanks everyone for the informative posts. Happy Holidays.:)

ShadyPlayr

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I may be a moron, but thought asking would not hurt. I used unrevoked to unlock my phone basically to remove bloatware and add free tether. I did this with the Froyo build. What is the best way for me to update to Gingerbread or even a better build if possible? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

My Evo4g is rooted and is currently running Cyanogenmod and I am upgrading my phone to the evo lte and need to move my evo4g to my sons phone number but to do this I need to be running sense to do this. Best buy doesn't care if its rooted just need to be able to program the phone and update the PRL at the store. How do I put Sense back onto the phone without unrooting the phone?

Brettler10

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Ok so I used the HTC dev to unlock the bootloader. I downloaded the Rom manager app and when I go to flash the clockworkmod it gives me an error that says "error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands. Can some please help me? Just want to load a custom ROM on my HTC Evo 4G

Jean-Marie

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

It is now 1/8/2013...Is anyone offering recent, updated, or new rooting methods for the HTC EVO 4G? Is there an automated rooting method? If not, why? The rooting methods I have read through, from this site and others, seem to be a bit outdated and are confusing. Also, a real problem I will have with rooting this phone is that it is the ONLY internet connection for the computer which is tethered through USB with PdaNet. I read over the steps for unlocking the bootloader and that seems a bit difficult to do without a consistent internet connection, especially when code needs to be submitted and emails responded to. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Last edited:

ClausLester

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Same problem here as far as not being able to find an updated guide/process goes. I've checked multiple websites and methods to no avail. Because this is such a touchy process, I don't want to do anything not recommended by a professional.