Lock Question

JET4

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a Pixel 4 now. The phone is never locked. When I pick up the phone I swipe up to turn on and start using the phone. My question is if I get a Pixel 7 Pro or a Pixel 7 Will I be able to do that or will I have to use the face unlock or the fingerprint scanner for the phone to work ?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, there! Hmm, that's a good question. I know my mom liked doing this with her phones too. You may have to input a PIN for back-up, and then root around in your Settings to see if you can swipe up to unlock.

I don't know for sure, though, because I don't have a Pixel 7 (yet!). I'm sure someone with that device will chime in soon!

At least if you use Face Unlock, it's so instantaneous that it would almost be like you swiped up!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Pixel 4 now. The phone is never locked. When I pick up the phone I swipe up to turn on and start using the phone. My question is if I get a Pixel 7 Pro or a Pixel 7 Will I be able to do that or will I have to use the face unlock or the fingerprint scanner for the phone to work ?

Yes, you can set it to swipe-unlock or no lock - though after restart it will, I believe, still require a PIN.

Screen lock options:

Screenlock Options.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you have your reasons, but I would still highly recommend having some kind of screen lock. We all have so much sensitive data on our phones that could be pretty damaging if they fell into the wrong hands.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the face unlock and finger print unlock turned on and they work great. I just pick up my phone and swipe up. . Only time I have to put my pin in is when I reboot the phone as mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa