Lock screen timeout too short, how can I lengthen it?

Phil Mace

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
Re: Lock screen timeout too short

Settings>Display>Screen timeout
Here you can select 15 or 30s and 1,2,5, or 10m. Be aware I have the edge but would imagine its the same for all s6's

You might be off topic but you solved my issue so thanks. I like this form. No patronising scripted robotic corporate reply some other name less corporations.

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site

Is there a setting to control the Lock Screen Timeout? It seems to be 5 seconds. I'd like it to be a little longer than that.

What I've tried so far:

• Settings > Display and wallpaper > Screen timeout: doesn't seem to have any affect on lock screen.
  • Settings > Lock screen and security: can't find any settings relating to timeout.
  • "Smart Stay": seems to help, but doesn't work in all situations (in the dark, for example).

Yes you go to search in settings and search motor and cognition and itll give the option on the time you want and intimate

arislgr

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site

Hi, This question is still not answered today (January 2019) so my Galaxy S9 pops up a notification that after 5 seconds or maybe less (!!!) it dissapears. Come on Samsung, is there a fix for this issue???????????????????????????????????????

alenoi

Jan 3, 2019
Visit site

I solved this problem with Automate:

1. Download Automate from GooglePlay
  2. Go to Automate Community (upright corner)
  3. Search "Bluetooth screen on" flow and download it

It is a small flow so Free users can use it also.
I used the "Wearable bluetooth headset" connection to trigger the so-called "keep-alive function" but you can just replace it with a timer (Delay block).

Also Automate is fun and useful, under my name (Tamás Panyi) you can find some other may-useful flows and you can make others also

82ndAirborne1

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site

Hello, I've solved this issue by completing just a few basic steps.( note, only works when plugged in or wireless charging) There is a hidden menu in android called developer options. I've included the link but it is extremely easy to enable. Once you've enabled the menu open settings, scroll all the way down to developer options, enable the "stay awake" option. This will keep your home or most importantly for me lock screen on while it is receiving a charge. Hope this helps.

https://www.askvg.com/tip-enable-hi...in-google-android-mobiles-phones-and-tablets/

wazup7

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's ridiculous that Samsung hasn't fixed this yet. If I'm actively typing my password (which is long for security reasons), I shouldn't have to race like mad to type it in quickly enough to beat the screen timeout. Most of the time, the screen times out juuussstt as I'm hitting the enter key.

In general those kinds of timeouts are more for periods of inactivity right? The phone should give the user as long as they need to enter their password, regardless of the screen timeout setting value.

kellrobinson

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The phone should give the user as long as they need to enter their password, regardless of the screen timeout setting value.
What you just wrote implies truly unlimited time. It would make more sense to set timeout from the last character you type instead of the first. Then you can type an arbitrarily long password, but the phone can still time out. If you drop it one character short of finishing the password and Dr Evil finds it later, he won't be able to steal ONE MILLION DOLLARS from your bank account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana