Locked out of phone, I am unable to set a temporary password/pin via Android Device Manager

MrTom77

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
I have locked myself out of my phone and only have one more attempt before the device is wiped. This site along with 20 others have told me to use the Android Device Manager to set a temporary password or PIN. I am able to use ADM (https://www.google.com/android/find) to find my phone or wipe the data, but instead of a "Lock" button (what you use to set a temporary password), I only see a "Secure Device" option. This option only lets me set a lock screen message and a phone number for someone to call.

I do have corporate security on my device, MaaS 360. However, that security platform only forces my device to use password protection (instead of pattern or fingerprint) and it does not actually record the password remotely. I have already talked with MaaS 360 and my companies tech support and there is nothing they can do since the password is only tied to this specific device.

Please help me on this, there is data that is not backed-up on the phone and I cannot afford to do a hard reset.

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Google's Find My Device (originally Android Device Manager) can only remotely set a password if the phone didn't have a screen lock set already. If it already had a screen lock set, then all you can do is remotely lock the phone using that screen lock.

Are you locked out because you forgot your password?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981