LTE phones for Cricket??

Jon_in_Butler

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Buying a phone on Amazon... how can I tell it will pick up LTE signal using Cricket?

What LTE bands do I need? 2, 4, 5, and 17? Those are AT&T bands, I believe. Do I need all those bands on a phone? Or just a few?

How does it all work???

Thanks,
Jon

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Buying a phone on Amazon... how can I tell it will pick up LTE signal using Cricket?

What LTE bands do I need? 2, 4, 5, and 17? Those are AT&T bands, I believe. Do I need all those bands on a phone? Or just a few?

How does it all work???

Thanks,
Jon

Welcome to Android Central!

I would make sure that the phone has all the AT&T bands. I use cricket as well and I always make sure to get a phone with all the bands. Some bands might not be live in your area but if you travel you might venture in to an area that has those bands. I have been buying the newer Blu phones from Amazon. I currently have the Blu Vivo XL and it works great on Cricket.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

How does it all work???

Thanks,
Jon

I would get a phone with all of the bands, this way if one is not active in your area you are not missing out by not having all of the bands.

Curlymoe

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm considering moving to Cricket and am looking at either the Alcatel Idol 4 from Cricket or Motorola Moto G4. I've noticed that neither one uses the 17 band. Seems odd that the Idol 4, being offered by Cricket doesn't support 17. I'd have thought they would require that on all their phones. As you suggested, my gut tells me I should want all the ATT bands on my phone. Any thoughts? Thanks.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

How does it all work???

Thanks,
Jon

You can do a quick Google search to see what bands at&t are using in your area. If you are buying an unlocked phone or an at&t variant then they should both have the radios for all the bands in them. I know Verizon variants are now sold unlocked as well, but think they lack the radio for band 17 for at&t. I have recently purchased a Verizon variant of the Samsung galaxy s6 for my son and put it on Straight Talks at&t sim and is getting LTE on it here where we live. The band at&t uses here is band 2 btw..

Rivest

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering moving to Cricket and am looking at either the Alcatel Idol 4 from Cricket or Motorola Moto G4. I've noticed that neither one uses the 17 band. Seems odd that the Idol 4, being offered by Cricket doesn't support 17. I'd have thought they would require that on all their phones. As you suggested, my gut tells me I should want all the ATT bands on my phone. Any thoughts? Thanks.

After going through 3 different Cricket phones in a week, the Alcatel Idol 4 is the best choice for Cricket (not considering the iPhones and Galaxy's). The Idol has the highest ram and fairly newer processor (not the newest, but good considering it is a Cricket phone). I have the Idol and don't really have any complaints worth mentioning that would be a deal breaker. Two complaints: it can get hot (but that is a given with any Android phone, and the power button is on the left side. I take an ungodly amount of screenshots because I can't get used to it, lol.