Man, I want an Ice Cream Sandwich

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yup my calendar is working perfectly...both my Google and Hotmail calendar are syncing. I had to wipe data coming into v3 since I couldn't download Google maps from the market. Maybe that's why.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

That did it, just cleared the data in the calender. Thanks!

rabscuttle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
My battery life seems workable so far on V3. I do have one issue I can't figure out.
Does anyone know how to unlink the ringtone and notification volumes on Ice Cream Sandwich? Sound Manager and AudioGuru both change them together. I can't find the option to unlink them in settings that 2.3 had.

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My ICS experience after a couple days:

It is what my phone is running. I use it just like I did before, almost everything works. MMS is reported to not work (do not use it). Netflix works, but can be a little laggy at times. Some apps can be buggy, but most of them have started to receive updates to fix them.

Just remeber this is an alpha build, if you want perfect and right now, look elsewhere.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
It's very unlikely that this phone will get ICS... after the issues that they had getting the Froyo update deployed I was surprised to see Gingerbread, but I suspect this is the end for this aging handset.

ggr

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
ICS works well with Fascinate.
- Google Maps, Facebook have to be reinstalled, will not work if restored from backup.
- Google Latitude takes a few tries, since it has to ask for permissions.
- GPS works, have not tried directions yet.
- Camera works (picture and panoromic snaps) video does not work.
- Launcher Preference are blank, guessing there will be something there later on.
- gtalk, chaton, google voice, groove ip, skype, work flawlessly
- calendar, email, reader, docs, quickoffice, docs to go all work well.
- netflix works fine too, seems a little faster.
- data usage monitoring 3g or wifi does not work
- wifi works
- wifi hot spot, still have not tested it.

The only annoying thing I found was that, like the tablet OS (gingerbread), this too has 5 screens, which you have no way remove.

With ICS, you can group your applications together, so I use only 1 screen. I do not use any widget other than the power control.

tekhinator

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Was running v3 of ICS and it was running great except for one thing. The battery life seemed pretty decent until yesterday. It started draining pretty fast. Went back to my old fav rom.

sodumbest

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
After a lot of struggling to find the right set of instructions (first time rooting/flashing an Android device - worth it!) and getting everything together, I finally got JT's ICS flash going on my Fascinate. It's supah-nice and I'm really grateful to the boyz at alphalulz for getting it out so DANG fast, too!

That said, I got Netflix running but I only get audio. Every other app I've had works fine (besides camera apps) and I can play other videos, like YouTube. Any thoughts on why it might be doing this? I don't primarily use it for Netflix, but it'd be nice to have and it looks like other people have it working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hillagesa