Man those guys in the head phone forums are rough

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You're still missing the point....Jerry posted a specific number which was much worse than what I had in the sound forge screenshots. The spec sheet reference was not the premise of the argument.*

Similar data can be seen on:
https://youtu.be/SI1qntIdCeI

It depends on how you define quality. What metrics are they using to define quality?

Edit:
Here's an interesting article comparing the V20 sound quality with the Astell & Kern 240 together with the HTC 10:
LG V20 Quad DAC: How Does It Work? | Ubergizmo

Two things:

1) You can't say writing a blog post does not make information credible and then use multiple blog posts to support your argument.

2) Jerry took his measurements back-to-back. I know Jerry. I trust Jerry. I trust his methods. He has no reason to be biased one way or another.

MikeDee - sorry for assisting in the thread hijacking. I don't post in many headphone forums because I usually have some specific needs that many people aren't familiar with. I also know how they can be towards n00bs (even if we're not all audio n00bs).

Are you looking for a neutral headphone or something more "fun"?

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Two things:

1) You can't say writing a blog post does not make information credible and then use multiple blog posts to support your argument.

2) Jerry took his measurements back-to-back. I know Jerry. I trust Jerry. I trust his methods. He has no reason to be biased one way or another.

MikeDee - sorry for assisting in the thread hijacking. I don't post in many headphone forums because I usually have some specific needs that many people aren't familiar with. I also know how they can be towards n00bs (even if we're not all audio n00bs).

Are you looking for a neutral headphone or something more "fun"?

If benchmarks deviate drastically from the norm that means something is off with the test setup. Nobody said Jerry was biased in anyway. Also saying that you know & trust him, so should the rest of world is also not an effective argument. We actually have the same college background not sure which area he focused on at Purdue, and I was also not born when he finished. A lot has changes over the years, but a majority of the basic principles still apply. :)

As for the blog posts, I only take posts from reputable sources seriously & also take time to verify the findings myself. You also need to have a decent grasp on physics & signal theory to properly run some of these tests.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If benchmarks deviate drastically from the norm that means something is off with the test setup. Nobody said Jerry was biased in anyway. Also saying that you know & trust him, so should the rest of world is also not an effective argument. We actually have the same college background not sure which area he focused on at Purdue, and I was also not born when he finished. A lot has changes over the years, but a majority of the basic principles still apply. :)

As for the blog posts, I only take posts from reputable sources seriously & also take time to verify the findings myself. You also need to have a decent grasp on physics & signal theory to properly run some of these tests.
You thinking they're reputable does not make it so. 😉

It's funny how you've done (in this very thread) things you say others shouldn't do.

I'll take my leave now.

MikeDee, feel free to quote me if you'd like my advice. I'll still give it.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Please take a look at the reference post before going off on a tangent. Nobody quoted anything from the spec. Why are you trying so hard to support Jerry? Can we let Jerry speak for himself? lol

I'm out of it. Too much arguing. Whoever wants to can speak for me. :)

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You thinking they're reputable does not make it so. 😉

It's funny how you've done (in this very thread) things you say others shouldn't do.

I'll take my leave now.

MikeDee, feel free to quote me if you'd like my advice. I'll still give it.

Hopefully one of these days you will trust me as much as you trust Jerry....maybe ? Haha....I'll be sure to push your limits on optics / photonics on the other thread later this week....please come ready, color accuracy is a hot issue right now :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know much about audio quality, myself. I just get headphones that produce a sound I like. I got my girlfriend a pair of Sennheiser HD461i for Christmas, and they sound really nice. Tempted to get a pair myself.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about audio quality, myself. I just get headphones that produce a sound I like. I got my girlfriend a pair of Sennheiser HD461i for Christmas, and they sound really nice. Tempted to get a pair myself.

I like Sony MDR-7506 myself. I use those with all of my audio gear, and I listen mostly to vinyl, CDs, and FLAC files. I also use a DAC with my PC and Android devices when listening to music.

Jerry also has those headphones. http://www.androidcentral.com/choosing-right-headphones

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The B&O H3s that came with the promo do trigger the amp to kick in occasionally, right?

I think they only do that with a bad connection which false triggers it. There may be a coating on the connector from the factory that's adds resistance initially. Those headphones are not designed to run high output. The sound great on the normal setting.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRNATAREN