Mark Bencze Premium Themes Showcase - One stop for all my V20 designs

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I didn't attack anyone. That was you. Take a long look in the mirror.

I don't use themes, don't know the Dev, but if I want to voice my opinion then I will.

You are pissed off because Google stood firm on their refund policy and won't give back your $1.49 in monopoly money that you got for free by answering surveys. Something you knew nothing about until someone mentioned it in this thread. So if you had never signed up for Rewards you would have never purchased the theme because you don't use credit cards. You aren't out any money yet you are on here threatening the Dev that you will post a negative review on Google Play. Yeah, I'm going to call you out on that.

Lol.... It's like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person... Seriously....I showed this to so many people and they laughed at what a narcissist you are..... Along with some priceless comments made about your obsession with this thread when it does not even pertain to you in the first place. Hilarious. I'm making you famous on other forums....

Keep looking for that review.... Keep checking every few minutes, every day....lol. PRICELESS

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Dude, it's a $1.49. You missed the window. You should have been able to tell that you didn't like the icons well within the 2 hour window. Go ahead and leave your bad review but I hope he doesn't give you a refund because you don't deserve it. The rules on refunds are quite clear and the theme is exactly as described. That's why I don't mess with themes because I like to use my own icons and customize everything the way I like. I buy things all the time on google play and I test them out immediately and if they are not to my liking, I get a refund.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Dude, it's a $1.49. You missed the window. You should have been able to tell that you didn't like the icons well within the 2 hour window. Go ahead and leave your bad review but I hope he doesn't give you a refund because you don't deserve it. The rules on refunds are quite clear and the theme is exactly as described. That's why I don't mess with themes because I like to use my own icons and customize everything the way I like. I buy things all the time on google play and I test them out immediately and if they are not to my liking, I get a refund.

Dood..... AGAIN.......The battery issues take more time to show up than 2 hours...... I changed the icons to what I wanted. AGAIN....it was later when i realized the icons were forced to his on the second screen.

AGAIN....I would not leave a spiteful review... ONLY THE FACTS.

AGAIN.... Testing this right away and finding out hours later the battery issues obviously killed the return window as I'm sure you can see.

I have a friend who is Hacking his theme for me now and doing what I want to it so NO.....I DON'T WANT A REFUND NOW. He is going to set things up the way i want it. Thank you though and YES... LESSON LEARNED.

I will be doing what I always did before I got sucked into this theme drama and sticking with launchers and customizing like you do. I see why you do it that way... What you want & NO DRAMA!

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Dood..... AGAIN.......The battery issues take more time to show up than 2 hours...... I changed the icons to what I wanted. AGAIN....it was later when i realized the icons were forced to his on the second screen.

AGAIN....I would not leave a spiteful review... ONLY THE FACTS.

AGAIN.... Testing this right away and finding out hours later the battery issues obviously killed the return window as I'm sure you can see.

I have a friend who is Hacking his theme for me now and doing what I want to it so NO.....I DON'T WANT A REFUND NOW. He is going to set things up the way i want it. Thank you though and YES... LESSON LEARNED.

I will be doing what I always did before I got sucked into this theme drama and sticking with launchers and customizing like you do. I see what you do it that way...NO DRAMA!

Fair enough. Glad you're able to get it to work. I missed the part where you found out about the horrid battery drain after the fact. I agree that it would take much longer to diagnose that.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Fair enough. Glad you're able to get it to work. I missed the part where you found out about the horrid battery drain after the fact. I agree that it would take much longer to diagnose that.

Honestly...I was not trying to be a jerk at all about any of this. A few people saw my point even. My current financial situation [if you go way back] makes things difficult and frankly quite irritating for me right now. Then the other member starting getting a bit "elevated" I stayed calm and again, even another member explained there are 2 sides to every story. I guess it did not sit well with his feelings and it progressed, as you can see I guess it got a bit out of hand. I never meant it to and I'm sorry it did.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Honestly...I was not trying to be a jerk at all about any of this. A few people saw my point even. My current financial situation [if you go way back] makes things difficult and frankly quite irritating for me right now. Then the other member starting getting a bit "elevated" I stayed calm and again, even another member explained there are 2 sides to every story. I guess it did not sit well with his feelings and it progressed, as you can see I guess it got a bit out of hand. I never meant it to and I'm sorry it did.

I should have read things a bit more carefully before I chimed in with my two cents. LOL. Sorry you're having financial and spinal issues. On principle, I can see where you're coming from given the battery drain. On to the next. Sorry if I offended. It wasn't really my place to say anything anyhow. Your issue is between you and the developer.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I should have read things a bit more carefully before I chimed in with my two cents. LOL. Sorry you're having financial and spinal issues. On principle, I can see where you're coming from given the battery drain. On to the next. Sorry if I offended. It wasn't really my place to say anything anyhow. Your issue is between you and the developer.

Thanks and no worries. Like everyone said. It's $1.49 of survey money so not a big deal in the long run. If anything... This entire issue was a good lesson... Lol

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Battery life suffers with a theme present. There is a thread somewhere where this was mentioned..... Can't remember what it was originally about though?
I'd like for you to show proof of this. Themes do not use any ram or cpu or anything and are literally overlays that sit on top of the system. Let me break it down for you. The system calls for either stock theme which is kept in the overlay folder or the custom theme which is also there. So no matter what you're always running some type of theme. Anyone who thinks itherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

Stock is still a theme so there is zero impact and actually a dark theme would actually be better on battery since it's not showing bright white everywhere which takes more power to show than black does. So you have been misinformed by others whi have no idea what they're doing ir talking about

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have purchased each of the themes and tried them on and off. I haven't noticed any significant battery drain as a result of the themes.

I pay for these themes because I would like to encourage the people with the time and talent to do this work to continue. This is not a mainstream device and these device specific apps are hard to come by.

There is a refund policy in place to allow for accidental purchases as well as apps that don't do what they advertised or you don't like after you've downloaded for whatever reason. I believe it's a couple hours. This is stated somewhere in the playstore agreements. It should not be a surprise to anyone that there is a limit on this refund window. Obviously this isn't enough time to judge long term issues like effects on batteries, but there has to be a limit on returns somewhere.

I would suggest anyone that can't afford to lose a couple bucks on an app, don't buy it.

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I can tell you for a fact the vector theme made my battery life worse.

I'm not really po'ed [poor choice of words on my part I guess] I'm frustrated I guess you could say. I'm very "fussy" about customizing my phone. Always have been. I have probably used more launchers over the years than most people would user in their entire life. So i was reserved about paying for a theme to start with when basically the only difference from the high contrast free one was red replacing orange. I don't like the icons and the fact they don't match the other ones I use just irritates me to the point where I know I Will never use it. Now throw in battery drain. Again, I have played with launchers for many many years and have spent weeks / months on customizing. I'm always looking for new ideas. So basically when I get something that does not do what I want it to do the way i want it to...it chaps my butt a bit. I'm still irritated and want a refund because of principle. I can set my phone up more of the way I want it with launchers I have. It may be only a little money, but if you go back to my original postings here, the reason I did the survey's is because I don't have credit cards and I am having health issues which prevent me from working so yes, a few free cents here and a few cents there could add up to a launcher I may like that will do much more of what I want instead of forcing me to use what I don't want to. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's just black and white and I'm not pointing fingers or trying to be mean. I guess im just bitter at all going on in my life right now and not being able to just go buy the things I want and need... I'm sure it shall pass...lol.

Sorry if I offended anyone
You don't have a clue what you're talking about. The fact that you're spouting off shows immaturity and clearly you don't know half of what you think you do. Had you been a reasonable person and reached out to me i could have granted a refund. Not a chance thats happening now. But yeah you're right man. It's so similar to other themes. You know the crazy dialer that no one has come close to even attempting, and other stuff. Do me a favor and just stop commenting in here because you have absolutely nothing fact based to contribute and are just looking for an excuse and someone to blame. Hell you didn't even know you can't change your icons when using a theme which for someone who's been customizing as much as you say you are shows you really aren't as wise as you would like people to think you are.

So please just stop

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Google gives you what, 15 min to claim a refund after installation? Hardly enough time to judge something such as excessive battery drain on an app like this. So it's understandable to be frustrated by this particular situation.
For one he's wrong and secondly you have two hours to get a refund. Google made this change a year ago

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
With vector installed... Theme is at the top of the list

The dev usually is on here a lot and replies. I wonder if he saw this and is considering my refund?
View attachment 248214
Nope not considering it at all. You are so silly the more of your comments i read. Again themes is always running because stock is a theme! You really need to do some homework before you run your mouth.

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
How do you know it's his theme causing the battery drain and not the LG theme engine itself? Myself and others from the thread you referenced earlier experienced reduced battery life from the High Contrast Black theme which was free from LG Smart world.
You're spot on. Glad someone in here gets it!

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I had to skip through the last 6 pages because honestly some of you guys are so misinformed and don't understand how things work that it was actually quite painful reading.

Read this page if you want to understand things.

Making blind assumptions and posting them as if they're the gospel truth just creates problems for other users and spreads the misinformation among other users like a plague. You wanna make statements and blame a specific theme for battery drain. Ok sure show me the logcat where it shows it consuming additional power from the stock theme. Show me also how they aren't both used via overlay which they are so you can forget that one. Show me in yiur battery stats that vector or any other theme was directly associated with battery drain. But the problem is that you can't because thats not how the system works. It doesn't just discriminate towards random themes. When an app is loaded the system points to where the images are to be called from. So it calls from the overlay folder and thats where all the magic happens.

So hopefully some of you who were curious or looking for someone to blame now have a better understanding on this amd learned something.

Bottom line is don't make fictional comments and bold statements unless you can legitimately back it up.

I've been designing themes and other projects for years. I kniw what I'm doing. Also i made remix theme which was the very first theme snd i didn't even own the phone. That's unheard of! No one does that. So yeah i know my stuff and I've busted my *** to get to where i am. This spoiled brat give me a refund for something i didn't even pay for is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself. Give me a break

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
@Joeykool
Read this last page and learn something. It's mostly directed towards you and this new chip on your shoulder you've developed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred