Mark Bencze Premium Themes Showcase - One stop for all my V20 designs

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for ALL the info and replies AFTER things got heated instead of when everything was civil. Why didn't you share the info you had until now? It probably would have never got to this? I am trying the theme again even after all you said. I told you above I liked it, it was the icons and the battery, but you said the theme does not affect battery, so now I'm going through apps I may have installed around the same time and dumping them. Thanks for the professionalism.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Nope not considering it at all. You are so silly the more of your comments i read. Again themes is always running because stock is a theme! You really need to do some homework before you run your mouth.
As someone who's considering purchasing a theme, can you explain to me why the Theme app could run so high apparently on one theme vs stock? I agree, it doesn't sound like it should, but what other explanation is there?

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for ALL the info and replies AFTER things got heated instead of when everything was civil. Why didn't you share the info you had until now? It probably would have never got to this? I am trying the theme again even after all you said. I told you above I liked it, it was the icons and the battery, but you said the theme does not affect battery, so now I'm going through apps I may have installed around the same time and dumping them. Thanks for the professionalism.
Because I've been busy and this is the only forum that people have been so misinformed about things and also relatively quiet until yesterday. I wasn't aware of this. Like i stated all you had to do was tag me and i would have at least gotten an email notification and then maybe i could have popped in and broken things down. Instead you went off and dude you really came across sounding rather foolish. Please do not do that again in my threads.

It's like how users all think they need to "recalibrate" their battery. Thats a myth thst gets spread whem people make random statements. Then ine guy reads it and posts it somewhere else. And so on. Before you know it that crap spreads like a cancer and we have people doing dumb things.
Anyway i don't hold hard feelings so whatever but just try to have actual facts next time when you have grievances.

Now for a status update on things.

Dark material is getting an update this weekend. Pixel icons were rewuested by many people so i went ahead and did it. Now all those people don't like them which is understandable because i don't like them either. New fresh ones are coming as is a new font and a few other things.

Other themes will all get font adjustments and remix light will get a dialer adjustment and vector will get a few tweaks also.

Enjoy your weekend everyone

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
As someone who's considering purchasing a theme, can you explain to me why the Theme app could run so high apparently on one theme vs stock? I agree, it doesn't sound like it should, but what other explanation is there?
You need to know that themes services is constantly running. If you killed it your ui would crash. Honestly there is no data to back up a claim that a specific theme eats battery. The only real argument that could be made is that it takes more power from a device to show whites and light colors than it does to show dark. Which would indicate that it is actually beneficial to run a dark theme than a lught one. But it's not a big impact. It's not rrally even measurable in a way that it's going to impact anything.

If you kept the actual theme app open and don't close it then yeah maybe it will show as a running app. Just like amy other app thats left running in the background. But i mean even if you did that you might experience a 5 second reduction in screen on time in a day at most.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for explaining things and no hard feelings to you either. I told you I liked the theme colors.... Those are my 2 favor colors and I NEEDED that theme. Lol. I uninstalled a few apps that I got the same time I got the theme, hopefully that was my issue. I also figured out how to change icons in the second screen so it's all good. Thank you

PS...I never thought about tagging you. I did go to your profile to see if I could contact you through that but couldn't find anything there either.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
@markbencze
Love the material dark theme. Is there any way you can make the notification pull down dark theme as well?

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
You don't have a clue what you're talking about. The fact that you're spouting off shows immaturity and clearly you don't know half of what you think you do. Had you been a reasonable person and reached out to me i could have granted a refund. Not a chance thats happening now. But yeah you're right man. It's so similar to other themes. You know the crazy dialer that no one has come close to even attempting, and other stuff. Do me a favor and just stop commenting in here because you have absolutely nothing fact based to contribute and are just looking for an excuse and someone to blame. Hell you didn't even know you can't change your icons when using a theme which for someone who's been customizing as much as you say you are shows you really aren't as wise as you would like people to think you are.

So please just stop

mjlolspitafozedeb_zpswtvjv6y5.gif

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow... can't believe i read thru the last couple of pages of whining (hopefully done now Joey)...

but great themes.. i've had the remix blue since i got the phone and just got the vector and the others... i'll be buying more as you release... awesome themes, great dev.... no complaints... thanks for all the work you do @markbencze !!!

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Wow... can't believe i read thru the last couple of pages of whining (hopefully done now Joey)...

but great themes.. i've had the remix blue since i got the phone and just got the vector and the others... i'll be buying more as you release... awesome themes, great dev.... no complaints... thanks for all the work you do @markbencze !!!

Yep I'm done... Thanks for your concern on the matter. Sorry, I don't take anyone's sh!T... That's the Italian in me.

Last edited:

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
If you cannot afford a reasonable price of $1.49 in today's economy for a "designer" theme. That is just throw away cash IMHO for a good cause to encourage more themes from the "creator" and others....

Last edited: