Marshmallow update [HTC One M8]

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting that, too. Not a big deal for me, since I didn't use those apps anyway. I'll just wait for the fix.

Edited to add: Just hit update on those again, and a couple of them updated. My guess is that they're working on it.

DustBow

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
So far my biggest problem with MM is the awful white dialer and keyboard (although I use Swiftkey so the keyboard doesn't really affect me). Black & White should both be default color options in the default theme. You shouldn't have to switch themes and/or edit themes around just to get a standard black dialer & keyboard back.

Nitpicky probably..........otherwise I've been very happy with the performance the past 24 hours.

pnale44

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Just switched my sims card from droid turbo back to my HTC One M8 and have a notice for marshmallow update.. Verizon. Can't wait to see what's new!

Posted via the Android Central App

First of 2 part update is 360.6 MB

pnale44

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
2nd part of update, which is the actual update is 1.3GB. Good luck people...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• IMG_20160308_110427195_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160308_110427195_HDR.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 22

silvra7

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the first verizon update, but the second update failed (error 404) and when I click the check for updates I get nada. Rebooted, cleared caches, would prefer not to factory rest but probably the next step. phone hasn't been able to connect to HTC Sync Manager on my mac for months now. Recommendations?

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My phone has never connected to HTC Sync Manager, but I haven't had any issues with the Marshmallow update.

Posted via Android Central App

chiroho

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had no problems running the update on Verizon, but I've noticed that none of the Motion Launch gestures seem to work now that I've upgraded to Marshmallow. Has anyone else noticed this?

ETA: Never mind. Resolved by restarting a couple of times.

Last edited:

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I had no problems running the update on Verizon, but I've noticed that none of the Motion Launch gestures seem to work now that I've upgraded to Marshmallow. Has anyone else noticed this?

ETA: Never mind. Resolved by restarting a couple of times.

I had the same issue. Fixed it by re-calibrating the G sensor.

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be using battery much faster then it did before the update.

also, everytime it reboots it says optimizing 17 apps and has a little progress bar.

socaligirl333

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok since you are pretty much the only post I've seen that actually like their m8, maybe you can help me: issues are abundant, however for this post I'll stick to the battery.. My m8 updated to marshmallow 6.0.1 a couple days ago (it tried unsuccessfully since it was released) since update my battery drains 100x's faster than it did prior & its always drained quickly.. Just to give idea I took it off the charger and less than 30 min later it had drained to 80% not using it. As well its overheating like crazy. It is not rooted (interested in doing so but want to educate myself more 1st) suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok since you are pretty much the only post I've seen that actually like their m8, maybe you can help me: issues are abundant, however for this post I'll stick to the battery.. My m8 updated to marshmallow 6.0.1 a couple days ago (it tried unsuccessfully since it was released) since update my battery drains 100x's faster than it did prior & its always drained quickly.. Just to give idea I took it off the charger and less than 30 min later it had drained to 80% not using it. As well its overheating like crazy. It is not rooted (interested in doing so but want to educate myself more 1st) suggestions?

See response in your other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...updating-marshmallow-6-0-1-a.html#post5768945

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny